Memory leakage

  • Tony Wheal
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
      I'm fed up with ME as an OS. Have been from day one. Start the session with 75% GDI resources, and guarantee part way through the day I'm down to 15%. It seems to be non-recoverable with memory cleaner, etc. Should I be blaming Chief for any of this? I know various memory leakages have been patched out, so I'm not quick to point the finger, but equally really keen to get some feedback- upgrading to XP when it's here will help I'm sure.

      I'm not running too much junk in the background (MSCONFIG has cleaned out much of that.

      Just after a few ideas on surviving this stupid OS.

      Cheers,

      Tony Wheal
      Tony Wheal Homes Ltd
      Christchurch
      New Zealand

    • Tony Wheal

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
          type msconfig
          go to start up tab
          see what running on start up turn some stuff off
          when i start me its at 97 %

          > I'm fed up with ME as an OS. Have been from day one. Start the session
          with 75% GDI resources, and guarantee part way through the day I'm down to
          15%. It seems to be non-recoverable with memory cleaner, etc. Should I be
          blaming Chief for any of this? I know various memory leakages have been
          patched out, so I'm not quick to point the finger, but equally really keen
          to get some feedback- upgrading to XP when it's here will help I'm sure.

          > I'm not running too much junk in the background (MSCONFIG has cleaned out
          much of that.

          > Just after a few ideas on surviving this stupid OS.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Tony Wheal
          > Tony Wheal Homes Ltd
          > Christchurch
          > New Zealand

          > Chief-Users Group:
          >
          > Chief-Users File Vault:

        • pfrenchy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
            try a cleaner maybe web is spying on you bad go to zdnet type spyware or
            look for xcleaner or active privacy

            > I'm fed up with ME as an OS. Have been from day one. Start the session
            with 75% GDI resources, and guarantee part way through the day I'm down to
            15%. It seems to be non-recoverable with memory cleaner, etc. Should I be
            blaming Chief for any of this? I know various memory leakages have been
            patched out, so I'm not quick to point the finger, but equally really keen
            to get some feedback- upgrading to XP when it's here will help I'm sure.

            > I'm not running too much junk in the background (MSCONFIG has cleaned out
            much of that.

            > Just after a few ideas on surviving this stupid OS.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Tony Wheal
            > Tony Wheal Homes Ltd
            > Christchurch
            > New Zealand

            > Chief-Users Group:
            >
            > Chief-Users File Vault:

          • Bill Blake
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
              Or you could try Ad-Aware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ which is free.
              (xcleaner is 29.95 shareware) I ran it on my computers at home and it did a
              great job getting rid of those programs like DSSagent, Webhancer, etc.

              Don't know if that is the source of your problems, but it may help...

              Bill@...

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > Chief-Users Group:
              >
              > Chief-Users File Vault:

            • Gordon Martinsen
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2001
                At 19:36 1/07/01 +1200, you wrote:
                >I'm fed up with ME as an OS. Have been from day one. Start the session
                >with 75% GDI resources, and guarantee part way through the day I'm down to
                >15%.

                Hi Tony

                I haven't had any problem with leakage since the final patch. I do notice
                that my hard drive is chugging a lot which is probably an indication of
                some sort memory problem.

                I think SE may be the immediate answer with XP the ideal.

                Gordon Martinsen
                Martinsen Architectural Design
                Birkenhead
                Auckland