Re: [chief-users] roof baseline

  • Glenn Woodward
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2001
      Lenita,

      Are you sure you are trying to select the Roof Baselines - which are new to
      version 7 and reside on layer 15?
      Or are you talking about Roof and Gable Lines on layer 8. These cannot be
      selected.

      They are 2 different beasts.
      A Roof and Gable Line is ALWAYS generated with a roof. It gets confusing
      because these are also referred to as Base Lines in the Help file - this
      should be changed to distinguish between Roof Baselines and Roof and Gable
      Lines.
      A Roof Baseline is an optional closed polyline item that can be generated
      with auto roofs and then edited to change the roof location and pitch. In
      the Build Roof dbx, you need to check Make New Roof Baselines if you want to
      create them.

      Glenn Woodward
      glennww@...

      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2001
        Hi Glenn,
        How do you delve into these things so deeply?! I'm impressed! Thankyou for
        making this so clear!
        Regards,
        Lenita
        | Are you sure you are trying to select the Roof Baselines - which are new
        | version 7 and reside on layer 15?
        | Or are you talking about Roof and Gable Lines on layer 8. These cannot be
        | selected.
        |
        | They are 2 different beasts.
        | A Roof and Gable Line is ALWAYS generated with a roof. It gets confusing
        | because these are also referred to as Base Lines in the Help file - this
        | should be changed to distinguish between Roof Baselines and Roof and Gable
        | Lines.
        | A Roof Baseline is an optional closed polyline item that can be generated
        | with auto roofs and then edited to change the roof location and pitch. In
        | the Build Roof dbx, you need to check Make New Roof Baselines if you want
        | create them.
        |
        | Glenn Woodward
        | glennww@...

      • Ray, Plans That Work
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2006
          Hello all

          In the past I very seldom used the roof baseline feature. I brought a plan
          forward into 10.o from 9.5 and all the baselines are visible and
          selectable,,, is there a way to freeze them, get rid of them, put on another
          layer? They are on the same layer as the roof planes (makes sense) but I
          don't like it. :-)

          These lines where not selectable in 9.5, right?

          fading brain cells,, Ray

          God Bless America

          Ray@...
          PlansThatWork.com <http://plansthatwork.com/>

        • James A. Lawes
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 9, 2006
            Ray,
            They ARE on a separate layer; "roof baselines" or "roof baseline polylines".

            When you select them, Chief says they are on the "roof planes" layer, but he's a LIAR!!

            Turn "roof baselines" off.

            :o)

            Jim

            East Bay Design
            231.322.8702
            www.eastbaydesign.net

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 9, 2006
              <<<<<Chief says they are on the "roof planes" layer, but he's a LIAR!! Jim>>

              Son of a *^&*^$

              I had "roof baselines" off,,,, the lines I was seeing was on "roof and Gable
              lines" layer or something like that!
              But when I opened them Chief said they where on the "roof planes" layer as
              you said. That'll get the blood pressure going, hey?

              Thanks,,, Jim

              _____

[...]

              =
              = Chief-Users Contact List:
              &tbl=7
              =
              = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
              =

              Affiliate
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Affiliate+program+software&w1=Affiliate
              +program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+progr
              am&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Softwar
              e+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=9KaWuy6FKnRHLoW5F2y04Q> program
              software Construction
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Construction+software+program&w1=Affili
              ate+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+pr
              ogram&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Soft
              ware+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=F3LkPjhe1MkJ4Fq3QQZwUA> software
              program Medical
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Medical+software+program&w1=Affiliate+p
              rogram+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+program
              &w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Software+
              development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=AwyI7nQBuf_OuJksGRgsXA> software program

              Accounting
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Accounting+software+program&w1=Affiliat
              e+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+prog
              ram&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Softwa
              re+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=VzCxLFHTZiHmXsWEP_djZQ> software
              program Estate
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Estate+program+real+software&w1=Affilia
              te+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+pro
              gram&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Softw
              are+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=lMTrEr4oqbyRycvw8--w5g> program real
              software Software
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+development+program&w1=Affilia
              te+program+software&w2=Construction+software+program&w3=Medical+software+pro
              gram&w4=Accounting+software+program&w5=Estate+program+real+software&w6=Softw
              are+development+program&c=6&s=198&.sig=DOR5xh8pu5s-DHxW2MQDrA> development
              program

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "chief-users