Re: V 7.0

  • geiser1@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 31 5:57 PM
      just wanted to give you my 2 cents worth:

      There are times, somebody -including me- get's really aggravated,
      because this and that does not function properly, and there are
      certainly bugs to be fixed, especially with a new release..but, I can
      also tell you, there is no software out there whitout problems. I
      just recently looked at SoftPlan -don't even consider Autocad-, but
      decided to stay with Chief, to me it's still the best overall value,
      and besides some bugs, which I'm confident ART will fix (sooner or
      later), I do all my drawings with chief, even if some cad-features
      are missing, but I became good at work-arounds by using exclusively
      with chief, and it now takes me less time to just do everything in
      chief, then when I still used to go back and forth from chief to
      another Cad program, I otherwise consider better for it's cad
      functionalities, but as I said, I can live with chief -until it
      brings me to the next nervous breakdown-, and the productivity I
      achieve with Chief is superior to all other programs I know.

      That had to be said, and don't let you fool by the posts in this
      forum, certainly we all need sometimes to get our frustration out,
      because of some things, which aren't the way we would like it, but
      over all I think, we all know about the difficulties every software
      maker goes throug, and sometimes I think they would do better to
      release new software after more thorough testing, in order to avoid
      nasty customers, but such is life? Isn't it?

      Helmuth A. Geiser

      --- In chief-users@y..., aparramoure1@y... wrote:
      > I have been checking this group for a couple months now, and it
      seems
      > to me that V. 7.0 has some major problems and setbacks!?!?!?
      Viewing
      > this group, I have reservations about purchasing the latest
      > version!!!!!!!!!!!
      >
      > aparramoure1@y...
    • Bill Shideler
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 17, 2001
        Good Morning Chuck,

        Please turn off the CAPS LOCK on your keyboard. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but it is considered rude to use all caps in your posts...........it is looked upon as yelling and it also makes it very difficult to read. Please don't take offense, this is just a friendly lesson in "netiquette".

        Bill Shideler
        triplem@...
        http://www.HomesByDesign.ws