Re: [chief-users] Off subject - need help/help yourself

  • Jaswinder Kalsi
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi Bobbie,
      Thanks for the quick reply.......Those are some great marketing
      methods.......Im going up to the department of lands and see if i can get a
      list of land purchasers........what a superb idea!!!!! Very often i have
      missed out on a job simply because the clients hadnt heard of me!

      Kenya is very much a capitalistic country with most of the laws derived from
      the british laws.......So we dont have many restrictions here.......in fact
      The Building bylaws were written in 1950's and have not been altered even
      once since then..and are also subject to "reinterpretation and approvals
      from the planning officers".

      What we are restricted in ( i.e. only the registered architects ) is the
      fact that we cant direcly advertise our services. ( This is a law we got
      from the Royal institute of British Architects )

      I think a nice AD in the Yellow pages might also do the trick......i have
      always economised in that aspect as a single entry in the white pages is
      free! But it does make sense to be listed in the Yellow pages.

      The gift vouchers to the olive garden restaurant sound like a good
      idea....but Kenya allready has a massive bribery & corruption problem that
      might just get more complicated with gift certificates. :-)))

      Prayer is deffinately in!

      I wonder if anyone has had any luck marketing services on the
      internet....using email and websites?

      Jas