epson 1520

  • exup@mbay.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      Just received Chief and need to purchase an economical printer. The
      Epson 1520 seems like the one. I have heard that there are problems
      with the borders on the 1520 with 17" paper, otherwise it is good.
      Any
      feedback on this will be greatly appreciated, or another suggestion
      on
      a different brand. The HP's are out of my price range at the moment.
      Thanks,
      Chuck Woyce, Monterey,Ca
    • Larry Allen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
        Chuck

        I've used an Epson 1520 for about 2 years now. It's generally a
        great printer. I have had paper loading problems with larger sheets
        and yes although it says it prints 15 x 22 it actually will only
        print out to about 13" (go figure).

        I finally solved all my printing problems by doing all my drawings on
        11 x 17 paper at 1/8" scale. When I want full size 1/4" scale I
        simply take my 11 x 17's down to Kinko's printing and run them at
        200%. Voila! - perfect full size prints without the muss and fuss of
        a 2 or 3 thousand dollar plotter. I make a note on page 0 that 11 x
        17 pages are 1/8" scale and 24 x 36 pages are 1/4".

        My cost per full size copy at Kinko's is less than $2 per sheet and
        will go down the more I print.

        It works for me - good luck.

        Larry Allen
        Beacon Homes