[chief-users] Re: TEST TEST

  • Tim O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998
      I noticed that it came across, both as part of the
      > E-mail & as an attachment so I may not have done it right.

      Go to the U-draw home page and click join, this will allow you to edit your preferences. Go down to
      Read mode and select Read it on the Web

      Unfortunately it took about 7 or 8
      > minutes to download. Can someone tell me what I did wrong .

      Check your file size. I use PSP for graphics editing, it you use something else you should be able
      to do something similar. In PSP you can do a couple of things to reduce this:

      1. Reduce the size.
      i.e. 100x100 pixels instead of 200x200 pixels reduces a file by about 1/4 (10000:40000)

      2. Use more compression. In PSP when you do a save as go to options. There is a slider that lets
      yoou adjust the compression. The quality of the graphic is tied to this compression so you'll have
      to test it out.

      Tim O'D
      O'Donnell Construction
    • Tim O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 1998

        > I noticed that it came across, both as part of the
        > > E-mail & as an attachment so I may not have done it right.
        >
        > Go to the U-draw home page and click join, this will allow you to edit your preferences. Go down to
        > Read mode and select Read it on the Web
        >

        > Unfortunately it took about 7 or 8
        > > minutes to download. Can someone tell me what I did wrong .
        >
        > Check your file size. I use PSP for graphics editing, it you use something else you should be able
        > to do something similar. In PSP you can do a couple of things to reduce this:
        >
        > 1. Reduce the size.
        > i.e. 100x100 pixels instead of 200x200 pixels reduces a file by about 1/4 (10000:40000)
        >

        > 2. Use more compression. In PSP when you do a save as go to options. There is a slider that lets
        > yoou adjust the compression. The quality of the graphic is tied to this compression so you'll have
        > to test it out.

        Also you might try this

        3. Reduce the number of colors. 8 bit/256 colors instead of 24 bit/16million should reduce the file by about 1/3.

        Tim O'D
        O'Donnell Construction

        -----
        See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/chief-users/?start=1112