[chief-users] Re: Off subject - Timekeeper

  • Len Martin
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2000
      Hi Jake

      Timeslice for sure. It's far more versatile in what it can do. You can
      have descriptions of each project that you are running, keep an hourly
      rate for each job (different rates for each job if required) and keep
      notes for each job if needed. You can give each job a category if you
      wish. It's certainly worth having a look at to see if it suits your
      needs.

      Regards

      Len Martin
      Melbourne

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2000
        Hi Dan

        I agree with you comments, but I find that Timeslice suits my needs
        better than Timekeeper. I don't give each job long descriptions so the #
        of characters available isn't important to me. The automatic costing and
        being able to have different rate for each job (if required) has a
        higher priority. As they say, everybody has different needs.

        Regards

        Len Martin
        Melbourne

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2000
          Thanks dan,
          I'll try timekeeper since it is free, and then try out time slice if it
          doesn't work for me. We design/build about 30-40 homes a year, plus I
          provide services to some other local contractors. Usually I have baout
          10-15 plans that I am preparing at a time so it gets really difficult to
          track time. Projects that I work on out of the company are billed by Sq.
          Ft. but it would be handy to be able to track hourly work for in-house
          projects.
          Anyway, Thanks for your help. I'll see which one works better.
[...]

          sessions are quite lengthy as are their descriptions. Just 2 days ago I

          http://click.egroups.com/1/1644/3/_/3745/_/951888517/

          -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=chief-users&m=1