94143Re: [chief-users] minimum wall lengths. VX5

  • Lenita Brown
    May 20, 2014
      Hi Steve,

      I give up fighting with chief over these matters sometimes! My workaround in this situation is to use a 1mm thick wall drawn perpendicularly at the junction of the two walls - once I have placed the window & moved it hard up against the perpendicular wall, I then make that wall invisible. Sometimes chief doesn't like the invisible wall (for some reason), so I will, instead, put the wall on a different layer (I have created a wall 'whiteout' layer for this purpose) and then hide the display of that wall.

      I hope you can follow my suggestion okay!

      Cheers,

      Lenita

      On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Steve Mason s.mason@... [chief-users] <chief-users@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi All

      I have collinear walls joined together. One being brick veneer, one being timber cladding. Both walls are made up of solid 36 metrapanel with 70 structural framing battens on the outside. Brick has a 40 cavity with 70 series Brick, the other has 70 structural battens and a 20 cavity batten with palliside PVC w/brd. The Solid Wall panel will provide the main structural frame and the structural framing battens provide the structural element for the Lintel supports.

      I want to place a window in the w/brd wall hard up to the Brick Veneer wall without any framing to the side of the window. (The Lintel will be supported by 70framing from the brick wall beside)

      Where are the settings to allow me to force the window to the very end of the w/brd wall .

      The window placement is critical for interior kitchen layout and it just doesn’t look right with the window casing showing behind a pantry unit in elevation view.

      Regards

      Steve

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic