94082Re: [chief-users] How do I draw a wall that is not vertical

  • Ted Terrenzio
    Feb 7, 2014
      Try using roof planes and change the textures. Maybe draw a very steep standard roof over the foundation walls as the baseline. Then move the roof planes to the opposite foundation walls to create the "leaning out" effect. Then lower the ridge heights to separate and lower the "wall (ridge)" height. The "roof pitch" will probably need to be adjusted. Duplicate on remaining two foundation walls. Join "roof planes" at the "valleys" (corners).

      I have seen this done with walls in the opposite pitch to build a light house.

      Good luck.

      Ted Terrenzio

      On Thursday, February 6, 2014, Steve Callaway <avonvds@...> wrote:

      Hi All

      I have a client who wants to build the rear wall of a house which is not vertical – seriously!

      To try and make it clear – if you were looking at it from the inside it slopes away from you.

      The top is further away from you than the base. Hopefully that is  a clear enough description.

      The question is does anyone know how to draw it in Chief?

      Thanks in advance

      Regards

      Steve Callaway

      Avon Valley Design & Drafting Service

      56 Woodley Farm Drive

      Northam WA 6401

      '/ Ê  Phone/Fax 08 96222 816

      È          Mobile  0419 909 485

      š avonvds@...

      avondrafting.hipages.com.au

      This Electronic Mail Message and its attachments are confidential.

      If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information contained in it.

      If you have received this Electronic Mail Message in error, please advise the sender

      immediately by replying to this email and delete the message and any associated attachments.

      While every care is taken, it is recommended that you scan the attachments for viruses.

      -Ted

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic