Shanty Sing on the Windy

  • Ellen Reeve
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
      Spoke to the folks on the Windy and set up a group sail on Tuesday evening, August 23, 2011.  We should have at leas 10 people to get the group rate of $15,  -which can include any family and friends of the group.

      If you wll be there, please reply to the roup so we can e sure there will be at least 10 of us.!  Just go to the Ticket office by the boat and tell them you are with the Chicago Shanty Singers.

      See you then if not at Bristol on 8/13!

      Ellen
    • Ruth Broder
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
        Count me in.

        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
          Sounds good Ellen!

          I will see if I can get a friend to join me and if so, I will let you know.

          Take it easy.

          Bethann

          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
            Sounds like fun!  Please put me on the list.

            Kaet

            Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened.
            Don't open the door to the study and begin reading.
            Take down a musical instrument.
            Let the beauty we love be what we do.
            There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

            Rumi

              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
                The boat is supposed to leave the dock at 7:15 pm!  Hope you can work it in!

                To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
                  I'll be there, with (plastic) pipes!

                  Fred

                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011

                    Good job Ellen!  This is excellent news!

                      --
                      John Wohlers
                    • L Lubin
                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
                        Will there still be a Shanty Sing in August, in addition to The Windy and trip(s) to Bristol?  (I am hoping for 'yes')

                        Lois

                        Message 11 of 25 , Aug 2, 2011
                          Don't forget that incredible Tom Kastle show at the Lake County Folk Club Sunday August 21st. Watch for a Chicago Maritime Festival special event in September! Fair winds. --Tom

                          Sent from my i-Phone

                          Tom Kastle
                          773-575-7244
                          608-204-2882

                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 3, 2011
                            That may be a matter for some debate, actually. Cathal has been out of town so I haven't been able to pin him down on an August date, and we have a lot going on this month anyway: Bristol, the shanty sail, Lee Murdoch is doing a concert on the Niagara Prince (apparently in connection with the mini-Tall Ships) at Navy Pier on the 12th...

                            ... and then on the third Sunday, the 21st (when I'd normally want to schedule the sing) Tom Kastle is doing a concert at the Lake County Folk Club. That will be early enough that we'd have to cut things short if people wanted to get out there for it. Which I guess we could do, but it might make for a long day for some folks. Oh, and Kyla's group is performing at Bristol that day.

                            That would put us out to the fourth Sunday, and then the weekend after that is the Fox Valley Folk Festival/closing weekend at Bristol. AND a lot of people are out of town for vacation.

                            I'm tempted to just give it a rest for this month, and instead urge people to come out for September, when we will likely have a sing for Talk Like a Pirate Day. Unlike past years, this year it will not conflict with a major Jewish holiday.

                            --K

                            --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, L Lubin <l.lubin@...> wrote:

                            > Will there still be a Shanty Sing in August, in addition to The Windy and trip(s) to Bristol?  (I am hoping for 'yes')
                            >
                            > Lois

                          • Pearlc3
                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 18, 2011
                              Hi  Ellen,
                              Sorry I didn't reply earlier but it's been an odd summer.
                              I'm planning on going to the Windy on 8/23. I think I'm going with Polly but if not  I can get to the ship easy enough and someone should be able to get me back or close.
                              How was your summer ? It didn't seem like a regular summer this year after the Folk and Roots Fest .
                              See you soon ,
                              Mary Lu

                              The boat is supposed to leave the dock at 7:15 pm!  Hope you can work it in!

                              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 21, 2011

                                Susan and I will both be joining the Windy Sail on the 23rd.

                                To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                  What time is the sail?

                                  Thanks

                                  To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                    I got an email that said 7:00, but does that mean we leave at 7:00 or just that we need to be there by 7:00?

                                    Ruth

                                    To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                    What time is the sail?

                                    Thanks

                                    To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                      The boat leaves at 7:15 and everyone should be there with there ticket and on the boat by then.

                                      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: rlbroder@...
                                      Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:00:45 +0000

                                      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                      Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                      What time is the sail?

                                      Thanks

                                      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                        The boat leaves at 7:15, we need to have our tickets and be on it by then.

                                        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                        Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                        What time is the sail?

                                        Thanks

                                        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                          I just went on the website to see if I can buy my ticket in advance and it is charging me $30. I thought since we have a big group, it would only be $15. Should I wait and get it when I go tomorrow night. BTW, I will be taking Public transportation. I cannot afford both parking and the boat ride.

                                          Also, where is the box office located and are refreshments being served?

                                          Thank you.

                                          Bethann

                                          The boat leaves at 7:15, we need to have our tickets and be on it by then.

                                          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                          Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                          What time is the sail?

                                          Thanks

                                          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                            I also have a friend coming who has a 2 for 1 groupon and is looking for a 2.

                                            Wendy
                                          • Ellen Reeve
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                              No free refreshments.  The box office is on the south side of the pier about half way down, in a little hut.

                                              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                              From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                              Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                              What time is the sail?

                                              Thanks

                                              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                                Thank you Ellen .

                                                I will look for the little hut when I get there.

                                                Bethann

                                                No free refreshments.  The box office is on the south side of the pier about half way down, in a little hut.

                                                To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                                To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                                From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                                Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                                What time is the sail?

                                                Thanks

                                                To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                                  To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                                  From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                                  Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                                  What time is the sail?

                                                  Thanks

                                                  To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                                    Thank you everyone for letting me know how it works out.

                                                    For 15.00 I would rather buy them at the box office.

                                                    Will go on CTA.com to find out how to get there via public transportation.

                                                    See all of you tomorrow night.

                                                    Bethann

                                                    To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                                    From: lewisgabrielle@...
                                                    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54:14 -0500

                                                    What time is the sail?

                                                    Thanks

                                                    To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Aug 22, 2011
                                                      A little change of plan...Kathy, Daniel and Heather will be joining us tomorrow night!

                                                      See you shipside!

                                                      Fred