Re: [chicagoshanties] Upcoming musical events of interest

  • William.Strauss@chi.frb.org
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010

      Kathy,

      I am sitting outside the Helix building with key in hand.  We are all set to have the Shanty sing on Wednesday  June 23.

      Bill
      -----------------
      William A. Strauss
      Senior Economist and Economic Advisor
      Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
      312-322-8151
      william.strauss@...
      Sent from my BlackBerry Handheld.

      From: Ruth Broder <rlbroder@hotmail. com>
      To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 5:09 PM

      Hi, Kathy

      Thanks for the info on upcoming events.  I need to know:

      1) Did we ever pick a definite date for the Sing for June?  I thought it was Wednesday, the 23rd, but I wasn't sure.

      2) Since it is a weeknight, what time would we start at and what time would we end at?

      Ruth

      To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
      From: kwhisler@sbcglobal. net
      Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 04:45:30 +0000

      Saturday, May 29th and Sunday May 28th, Sacred Harp (shapenote singing) Midwest Convention. 25th annual. Janet Miller, one of our shanty sing regulars, suggests that those of you who enjoy harmony singing might also really enjoy this. Ida Noyes Hall, University of Chicago Campus, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm both days. Free admission. Potluck lunch, locals please bring something to share.
      http://shape- note.uchicago. edu

      Saturday and Sunday, June 5th & 6th, Port Washington Pirate Festival, Port Washington Wisconsin. (Just a bit north of Milwaukee.) Musical performers include Tom Kastle, Bounding Main, the Rambling Sailors, and the Jolly Rogers. And of course certain of our shanty sing regulars will be there in pirate rig. Free admission, but you've got to get yourself to Wisconsin somehow. Per google maps, it is about a half hour drive north of Milwaukee.
      http://www.portpira tefestival. com

      Sunday June 6, Benefit Concert for Sing Out! Magazine in Downers Grove. First Congregational Church of Downers Grove, 1047 Curtiss St., Downers Grove. (Two Way Street Coffee House.) 6:30 pm to 9 pm. Performers include Anne Hills, Sons of the Never Wrong, Joe Filisko & Eric Noden, and Ella Gill. Radio hosts Lilli Kuzma (Folk Festival, WDCB) and Rich Warren (Midnight Special, WFMT). $15, all proceeds benefit Sing Out! Magazine. For info email jimgillmusic@ earthlink. net or phone Sue Gill at 708-763-9864.

      This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information.� If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

    • Katharine Whisler
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
        Hooray!!!  And congratulations on joining the board at the Chicago Maritime Society!

        william.strauss@ chi.frb.org