Skip to search.

Shanty sing May 16th at CMS

  • zeppelinrider
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2010
      Sunday, May 16th
      Chicago Maritime Society Resource Center
      310 S. Racine, Chicago, IL
      Starts at 3 pm, singing ends at 6 pm sharp

      (We should tidy up quickly afterwards so Glenn can lock up and be on his way by 6:15 pm.)

      Although in theory the main door to the building should be unlocked, the last two times time it was locked right around 3 pm! We will try to have someone stationed at the door for a little while, but if you arrive later and the door is locked, call the cell phone number that we will post on the door and someone will come down and let you in.

      BYOB-- there is nothing available in the space. (I plan to bring a drinking water dispenser.) In order to make tidying up easier, snacks that are messy or that create crumbs are discouraged.

      A big thank you to Glenn Braun and the Maritime Society for helping us out with this!

      A sing for June is being planned, but we need to work out exactly where and when.
    • Ruth Broder
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2010
        Arggh!  I will probably be up in Woodstock that day and unavailable.  Will try to make June if May doesn't work out.

        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2010
          Well that figures.  That's the same weekend as Janesville and ACen.  Sing a few songs for me, will ya?
          Melanie

          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
          From: rlbroder@...
          Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 01:46:30 +0000
          Subject: RE: [chicagoshanties] Shanty sing May 16th at CMS

          Arggh!  I will probably be up in Woodstock that day and unavailable.  Will try to make June if May doesn't work out.

          To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2010
            we'll miss you!

            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
            From: Athlyg@...
            Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:58:05 -0500

            To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
            From: rlbroder@hotmail. com
            Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 01:46:30 +0000

            Arggh!  I will probably be up in Woodstock that day and unavailable.  Will try to make June if May doesn't work out.

            To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 6 , May 8, 2010
              Daniel and I will be at the Janesville Faire so we will not be able to attend this time.

              Cheers!
              Fred

              Message 6 of 6 , May 9, 2010
                Hi everyone!
                Well, I did it!!!  The walk is over and overall we raised around $345!  Thanks to all of you who donated and wished me luck!!! It was fun and my new tone fitness sneakers made me less tired!!!  Thanks again everyone!

                HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

                Bethann