Shanty sing planning for November-- Tentative date

  • Katharine Whisler
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 7, 2009
      I'm thinking Sunday, November 22nd (the Sunday before Thanksgiving) would be good.

      However, Hal will be out of town which makes it tough to use the American Legion Hall, so I'm working on finding another place to have it this month . . .
    • MMGYNN@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 7, 2009
        Thanks for keeping me in the loop.  I'll be waiting to hear where and what time.
        Mary Gynn

      • pollyparnell@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
          The date is good for me.  We could use my place if everyone would bring munchies and some drinks.  Maybe the Grafton would be available.  I know the acoustics are not the greatest, but I think they have room for us.

          Polly
        • Ellen Reeve
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
            Somethings missing-what is the date?

            Ellen

            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
            From: pollyparnell@...
            Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:43:36 -0500

            The date is good for me.  We could use my place if everyone would bring munchies and some drinks.  Maybe the Grafton would be available.  I know the acoustics are not the greatest, but I think they have room for us.

            Polly

          • gabrielle lewis
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
              Hi Ellen Sunday November 22.

              How was Tom Kastle?

              I was in MI - had to get up there and do some work, visit with my mother.  Terrific weather!

              I'm going to Bounding Main on Sat with a few friends (non-chantey singers).

              Are you going to be there?

              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
              From: cereeve@...
              Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:53:41 -0600

              To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
              From: pollyparnell@ aol.com
              Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:43:36 -0500

              The date is good for me.  We could use my place if everyone would bring munchies and some drinks.  Maybe the Grafton would be available.  I know the acoustics are not the greatest, but I think they have room for us.

              Polly

              Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.
            • gabrielle lewis
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                Oops!

                Sorry about that!  It happens.

                Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live. Learn more.
              • Sarah Wright
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                  Hi Gabrielle,

                  Wasnt planning on going to Bounding Main.

                  Had planned on coming to the sing, but my son's hockey team is playing in Kalamazoo that day and was going to drive up there.

                  Hopefully I can make the next one.

                  Sarah

                  To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: cereeve@hotmail. com
                  Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:53:41 -0600

                  To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: pollyparnell@ aol.com
                  Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:43:36 -0500

                  The date is good for me.  We could use my place if everyone would bring munchies and some drinks.  Maybe the Grafton would be available.  I know the acoustics are not the greatest, but I think they have room for us.

                  Polly

                  Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.

                • John Wiseman
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                    Sunday Nov. 22 - the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

                    To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                    From: pollyparnell@...
                    Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:43:36 -0500

                    The date is good for me.  We could use my place if everyone would bring munchies and some drinks.  Maybe the Grafton would be available.  I know the acoustics are not the greatest, but I think they have room for us.

                    Polly

                  • (no author)
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                      Can't make Bounding Main this time; I've got another concert same night, but the Shanty Sing 11/22 looks good.

                      Ruth

                      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                      From: hsapiens@...
                      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:50:09 -0600

                      To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
                      From: pollyparnell@ aol.com
                      Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:43:36 -0500

                      The date is good for me.  We could use my place if everyone would bring munchies and some drinks.  Maybe the Grafton would be available.  I know the acoustics are not the greatest, but I think they have room for us.

                      Polly

                    • Bethann Grabelsky
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                        I am available on the November 22nd and would love to come wherever we decide to hold it!

                        Bethann

                        To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com

                        From: pollyparnell@ aol.com
                        Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:43:36 -0500

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                          Now that I'm caught up with the date, I'll check my Corinthian connections, though it may be a longer process.  In addition, I'd like to suggest that we try to come up with a regular day and timeslot on a monthly basis, and while we can easily vary from it, people can kind of plan.  The Legion Hall may be the best venue yet as far as a facility, but not being able to plan means a lot of last minute planning.  This is also making us dependent on one person.

                          What about the Chicago Maritime Society office?  Anyone have a community room at a condo that could be scheduled monthly, especially for a very minimum fee or free.  Any of the other yacht clubs?  Any non profits with facilties we could use?  We can do a small collection, we've been getting 15-20 people, a dollar or two would be no big deal.  Also, many like to have a drink, inexpensive bar service is great or the ability to byob-or our own snacks to share.

                          Ellen

                          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                          From: bethanngrabelsky@...
                          Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:19:26 -0800

                          To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com

                          From: pollyparnell@ aol.com
                          Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:43:36 -0500

                          The date is good for me.  We could use my place if everyone would bring munchies and some drinks.  Maybe the Grafton would be available.  I know the acoustics are not the greatest, but I think they have room for us.

                          Polly

                        • Melanie Lauritzen
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                            *sad face*
                            That's right in the middle of my finals.  Chances are I won't make it, but on the off chance I get enough studying/paper writing done, I'll try to.

                            Melanie

                          • Steve Spitzer
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                              Miss Melanie,

                              You go to DePaul I think? That is when Erik had finals all the time too.  Anyway, Jennifer comes home for Thanksgiving the day before and I was hoping to drag her to the singing. I won't say come on our account as she might not have the energy, but thought I would mention it anyway.

                              Steve Spitzer

                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 9, 2009
                                CMS might be a problem as you will need a board member to be present. Laura Kurz has always been our contact for Corinthian. It might be best to either go through her or use your own personal contact.

                                Also, a head's up. There will be a Holiday party at Helix for CMS on Sunday, DEC 20 around 2:00 pm; details to come.

                                More later...

                                Tom
                                 (via my iPhone)

                                Tom Kastle