Bounding Main Land Cruise, Saturday October 10th

  • Katharine Whisler
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      Dean Calin asked me to pass this information on.

      Bounding Main is putting on a "Land Cruise" on Saturday, October 10th.  They last did this a few years ago, and such a good time was had by all they've decided to do it again.  I see John Wohlers in some of the pictures on their website of the last one, so perhaps he could comment?

      The group will meet up at Gurnee Mills and take a school bus ride to the Corn Maze at Richardson Farm in Spring Grove, IL, reputedly the world's largest corn maze.  According to Google Maps this will be about a 30 minute ride.  The bus leaves at 5 pm sharp.

      Once at the Farm, everyone can have a good time getting lost in the Corn Maze and enjoying the other stuff at the Farm.  (Some of which require an extra fee.)  And there will be a lovely campfire for the roasting of marshmallows and the making of s'mores!

      And plenty of singing, Dean tells me!  Group singing on the bus-- Dean says, "Everyone sings like crazy on the bus on the way out"-- and a Bounding Main performance around the campfire . . . .  Yay!

      It sounds like a blast, and I am hoping to go.

      According to the flyer Dean sent, the bus gets back to Gurnee Mills at about 11 pm.  They suggest you bring a *skewer for making s'mores*, flashlight, picnic blanket and/or camp chairs.

      What price all this fun?  A mere $30.  And fortunately for us, are still some seats left on the bus.  If you want to go, email Gina at gina@... to reserve a spot!

      There is also the same info on the Bounding Main website at: http://www.boundingmain.com

      Or on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=151741892336

      Info on the Richardson Farm can be found here: http://www.richardsonfarm.com
    • Kyla
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
        Alas, my weekends are commited months in advance!
        Gurnee is right by my house, but I won't be there - I'll be at an SCA event.

        Kyla

        What price all this fun?  A mere $30.  And fortunately for us, are still some seats left on the bus.  If you want to go, email Gina at gina@boundingmain. com to reserve a spot!

        Official info can be found in the flyer Dean sent, which you can find uploaded to the file section for our Yahoo Group at: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/chicagosha nties/files