The Shanty Sail June 14th - a facebook event page and a group page

  • arglechoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      Here are two facebook links for the June 14th 2:15-3:30 SHANTY SAIL

      The group page <http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=4305445&ref=name#/group.php?gid=109369606674> will tell you when the next one is happening and about the current June 14th sing.

      The events page <http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=4305445&ref=name#/event.php?eid=87408895748> is for rsvp.

      It's sort of redundant, but take your pick, or just email me at aaronlwalker@....

      Your servant,
      Aaron
    • zeppelinrider
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        Aaron, thanks for posting this! Folks were asking for the skinny on "sea shanty sail." Here's the deal as I understand it:

        On Sunday, June 14th, tickets are $10 to sail on the Windy: it is a special promotion sponsored by Time Out Chicago magazine. However, Aaron has talked to Orion Couling, the educational director on the Windy, and Orion has graciously arranged matters so that we can sing sea shanties during the 2:30 pm sail that day. I understand boarding begins at 2:15 pm.

        I called to check, you can either buy your $10 ticket online in advance, or you can buy it at the ticket kiosk on the day of the sail. There is a service charge to buy the ticket online, but then there is a risk that they might sell out. If you need to phone the Windy with questions, the number there is 312-731-9689.

        The $10 sail promotion is open to everyone, so invite anyone and everyone you want.

        All that aside, Aaron would appreciate it if you could let him know in advance if you are planning to come so that we can convince Orion that this should happen again sometime next month.

        In order to let Aaron know, you have two options:
        1) Just email Aaron at aaronlwalker@...
        2) If you are on Facebook, you can go to the event page Aaron set up here and RSVP: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=87408895748

        You might want to mention your plans here as well. Alas, as much as I'd love to be there with you all, I will not be able to go. If only it were some other weekend.

        Which brings me to my next point: planning the next sail for July. At the end of the excellent sing yesterday, there was discussion that we should work out a date during the week so that the Ren Faire folks who are interested will be able to come.

        Do folks have any thoughts on what days would work best?

        --Kathy

        --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, "arglechoff" <aaronlwalker@...> wrote:

        > Here are two facebook links for the June 14th 2:15-3:30 SHANTY SAIL
        >
        > The group page <http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=4305445&ref=name#/group.php?gid=109369606674> will tell you when the next one is happening and about the current June 14th sing.
        >
        > The events page <http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=4305445&ref=name#/event.php?eid=87408895748> is for rsvp.
        >
        > It's sort of redundant, but take your pick, or just email me at aaronlwalker@...
        >
        > Your servant,
        > Aaron

      • John Wohlers
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
          Kathy,
          I too will be unable to attend the June 14th sail.  However if the weekday opportunity does arise Mondays and Tuesdays are usually pretty busy for me, Wed - Friday work well though.   If it works out that its best for everyone else to have it on a Monday or Tuesday I can probably re-arrange my schedule.

          John Wohlers

          1) Just email Aaron at aaronlwalker@ gmail.com