RE: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival

  • Ellen Reeve
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 27 8:46 AM
      Not doing anything for Venetian night-other plans came up!

      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
      From: rlbroder@...
      Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:32:48 +0000
      Subject: RE: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival

      I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
      From: cereeve@...
      Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 18:10:16 -0500

      Briefly what we need to do for Venetian Night
      Get together and look at the boat
      Plan decoration per the theme "Rocking in the Harbor"
      Plan a set list
      We need to do songs that will be heard, be appropriate for the audience (includes children, people in boats, people on land),
      Decorate the boat, bring it to 31st ST Harbor the night before,
      Ride and sing throughout the parade on the evening of Saturday, July 27.  Takes maybe an hour.
      Corinthian will let us use the boat and give us some money for decorating
      I will take care of arrangement with the club including the driver for the boat.

      So I'm taking names of who is interested, when people would be available to help plan and decorate, and who can be there on July 27 to sing on the boat in the parade.

      So far we have:  Wendy Zdrodowski
                                  Polly Parnell
                                  Nathanael Jones
                                  Mary Lu Papada
                                  Bethann Grabelsky
                                  Alex Jones

      We also might need a sound system.

      Ellen

      CC: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
      From: jonnda@...
      Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:39:26 -0500

      I don't often plan that far ahead, but I think I would be interested.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 20, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Bethann Grabelsky <bethanngrabelsky@...> wrote:

      Won't be at sing because I will be at the GoGos concert at Ravinia.  Whatever you decide to do is fine with me.

      Bethann

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 20, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Mary Lu Papada <PearlC3@...> wrote:

      Hi Ellen'
      I would be interested .I'll have to call you because I can't be at  the  Sing .All my plans have conflicted with just about everything happening relating to the shanties et al

      See ya,
      Mary Lu
      On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Ellen Reeve wrote:

      OK there is interest- I will contact people and try to get something going.  We can talk the 30 at the Sing re:  some plans.

      Ellen

      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
      From: pollyparnell@...
      Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

      Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 27 1:49 PM
        OK.  Have fun - talk to you soon,

        Ruth

        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
        From: cereeve@...
        Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:46:03 -0500

        Not doing anything for Venetian night-other plans came up!

        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
        From: rlbroder@...
        Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:32:48 +0000

        I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

        From: pollyparnell@...
        Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400