Venetian Night

  • Ellen Reeve
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2013
      Trying to get organized for Venetian night, finding a need to get together and talk about what we will do for:

      Decoration planning and prep  and developing a Song list

      Wondering if people would be available on Friday night July 5 or Tuesday night July 9 at Corinthian for a planning meeting (to say nothing of a drink or two and/or dinner).

      Please let me know ASAP who would be available for what on which night.  I believe Wendy will be in Door County this weekend, not sure of other's plans.

      Ellen
    • Bethann Grabelsky
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2013
        Hi Ellen:

        Either night will work for me.

        Thanks.

        Bethann

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 1, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Ellen Reeve <cereeve@...> wrote:

        Trying to get organized for Venetian night, finding a need to get together and talk about what we will do for:

        Decoration planning and prep  and developing a Song list

        Wondering if people would be available on Friday night July 5 or Tuesday night July 9 at Corinthian for a planning meeting (to say nothing of a drink or two and/or dinner).

        Please let me know ASAP who would be available for what on which night.  I believe Wendy will be in Door County this weekend, not sure of other's plans.

        Ellen

      • hjalmarii
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2013
          Friday works best for us. --Hal

          --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Ellen Reeve <cereeve@...> wrote:

          > Trying to get organized for Venetian night, finding a need to get together and talk about what we will do for:
          >

          > Decoration planning and prep and developing a Song list
          >

          > Wondering if people would be available on Friday night July 5 or Tuesday night July 9 at Corinthian for a planning meeting (to say nothing of a drink or two and/or dinner).
          >

          > Please let me know ASAP who would be available for what on which night. I believe Wendy will be in Door County this weekend, not sure of other's plans.
          >

          > Ellen

        • Mary Lu Papada

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 3, 2013
              I'll be available both nights with a days notice.  Polly
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 24, 2015
                A couple of years ago we had thought about entering a boat in the decorated boat parade on Venetian night and the boat we had hoped for fell through.

                This year I may have a possibility of a boat and we  can work on it further, but I need to know if people would be interested in doing this.

                Venetian Night will be September 12, off of Navy Pier.  We would need folks to sing on the boat, design and decorate the boat and of course clean it up.  This year's theme is "Once Upon a Time..."

                My recommendation is to keep it simple.  Not much funding for decorations.  This can be an opportunity to promote the Chicago Maritime Festival as well as shanty singing in Chicago in general.

                Expressing your interest at this time is important because if we are going to do it, I need to go to a Meeting this Monday night.  So just email me at sailrlady@... by Sunday evening if you'd like to be involved.

                Ellen

              • Tom Kastle
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 25, 2015
                  I have the evening open (it's also Codrut's birthday party). I could bring a couple mics and a small sound system and come down for the decorations. Why not? We could a promo/press thingy to accompany it, too.  More soon!  --T

                  Tom Kastle

                  Singer, songwriter, sailor, and storyteller

                  Madison, WI
                  608-204-2882 office
                  773-575-7244 cell
                  www.tomkastle.com
                  tomkastle@...

                  NOTE: I have been hacked. My return e-mail address should be

                  tomkastle@... or tom@...

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 25, 2015
                    Let's do it!!

                    -jm

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 25, 2015

                      I can get a sound system, too from Jen if we need it.  Let's do it this time.

                      Polly

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 25, 2015
                        This sounds fun - I'll see if I can make it.

                        Kate

                        Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 25, 2015

                          If I have a place to live,  l would love to go.

                          Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

                          From:"roisindubhcait roisindubhcait@... [chicagoshanties]" <chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com>
                          Date:Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 1:46 pm

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 26, 2015
                            I'm in if you decide to do it. Only problem is I may be on vacation, but I can still help you preliminaries.

                            Ruth

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 30, 2015
                              Ellen, I don't know if you watch the tv show "Once Upon a Time" but Captain Hook is one of the main characters, if that helps with the theme at all.

                              http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/cast/captain-hook

                              Cheryl

                              On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Ellen Reeve cereeve@... [chicagoshanties] <chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                              A couple of years ago we had thought about entering a boat in the decorated boat parade on Venetian night and the boat we had hoped for fell through.

                              This year I may have a possibility of a boat and we  can work on it further, but I need to know if people would be interested in doing this.

                              Venetian Night will be September 12, off of Navy Pier.  We would need folks to sing on the boat, design and decorate the boat and of course clean it up.  This year's theme is "Once Upon a Time..."

                              My recommendation is to keep it simple.  Not much funding for decorations.  This can be an opportunity to promote the Chicago Maritime Festival as well as shanty singing in Chicago in general.

                              Expressing your interest at this time is important because if we are going to do it, I need to go to a Meeting this Monday night.  So just email me at sailrlady@gm ail.com by Sunday evening if you'd like to be involved.

                              Ellen

                            • Alchimia@...
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 30, 2015
                                "Being a pirate is all fun and games, until somebody loses a hand ... you can't play in the band"   Well, there's Lefty Williams?  Maybe a carefully worded invitations . . . ? ? ?

                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 18, 2015
                                  We are putting together a boat to be in the Venetian Night Parade on Saturday, September 12.  We have a plan and a small budget and a few good volunteers but could use possibly use a few more decorator/singers for that day.  It is all day, involves riding on the boat from Montrose, decorating, and singing, well into the evening.  It will be promoting the Chicago Maritime Festival and hopefully shanty singing in general. Anyone interested in volunteering, please contact me,

                                  Ellen Reeve  at sailrlady@....

                                  Thanks
                                • Bethann Grabelsky
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 21, 2015
                                    Hi Ellen:

                                    I should know in a week but if I can stay where I am staying now I would love to play a song on my guitar during venetian night but I have to be back by 11 pm.

                                    Once I find out I will let you know.

                                    Bethann