Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival

  • Polly Parnell
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 19, 2013
      Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 19, 2013
        OK there is interest- I will contact people and try to get something going.  We can talk the 30 at the Sing re:  some plans.

        Ellen

        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
        From: pollyparnell@...
        Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

        Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
        On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

        Ellen

      • Mary Lu Papada
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 20, 2013
          Hi Ellen'
          I would be interested .I'll have to call you because I can't be at  the  Sing .All my plans have conflicted with just about everything happening relating to the shanties et al

          See ya,
          Mary Lu

          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
          From: pollyparnell@...
          Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

          Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
          On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

          Ellen

        • Bethann Grabelsky

            From: pollyparnell@...
            Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

            Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
            On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

            Ellen

          • Nathanael Jones

              From: pollyparnell@...
              Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 20, 2013
                Briefly what we need to do for Venetian Night
                Get together and look at the boat
                Plan decoration per the theme "Rocking in the Harbor"
                Plan a set list
                We need to do songs that will be heard, be appropriate for the audience (includes children, people in boats, people on land),
                Decorate the boat, bring it to 31st ST Harbor the night before,
                Ride and sing throughout the parade on the evening of Saturday, July 27.  Takes maybe an hour.
                Corinthian will let us use the boat and give us some money for decorating
                I will take care of arrangement with the club including the driver for the boat.

                So I'm taking names of who is interested, when people would be available to help plan and decorate, and who can be there on July 27 to sing on the boat in the parade.

                So far we have:  Wendy Zdrodowski
                                            Polly Parnell
                                            Nathanael Jones
                                            Mary Lu Papada
                                            Bethann Grabelsky
                                            Alex Jones

                We also might need a sound system.

                Ellen

                CC: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                From: pollyparnell@...
                Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

                Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
                On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

                Ellen

              • hjalmarii
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                  Count us in. --Hal, Almut, John

                  --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Ellen Reeve <cereeve@...> wrote:

                  > Briefly what we need to do for Venetian Night
                  >

                  > Get together and look at the boat
                  >
                  > Plan decoration per the theme "Rocking in the Harbor"
                  >
                  > Plan a set list
                  >

                  > We need to do songs that will be heard, be appropriate for the audience (includes children, people in boats, people on land),
                  >
                  > Decorate the boat, bring it to 31st ST Harbor the night before,
                  >
                  > Ride and sing throughout the parade on the evening of Saturday, July 27. Takes maybe an hour.
                  >

                  > Corinthian will let us use the boat and give us some money for decorating
                  >

                  > I will take care of arrangement with the club including the driver for the boat.
                  >

                  > So I'm taking names of who is interested, when people would be available to help plan and decorate, and who can be there on July 27 to sing on the boat in the parade.
                  >

                  > So far we have: Wendy Zdrodowski
                  >
                  > Polly Parnell
                  >
                  > Nathanael Jones
                  >
                  > Mary Lu Papada
                  > Bethann Grabelsky
                  >
                  > Alex Jones
                  >

                  > We also might need a sound system.
                  >

                  > Ellen
                  >

                  > CC: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                  > To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: jonnda@...
                  > Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:39:26 -0500
                  > Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival
                  >

                  > I don't often plan that far ahead, but I think I would be interested.
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPhone
                  >
                  > On Jun 20, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Bethann Grabelsky <bethanngrabelsky@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > Won't be at sing because I will be at the GoGos concert at Ravinia. Whatever you decide to do is fine with me.
                  >

                  > Bethann
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPhone
                  >
                  > On Jun 20, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Mary Lu Papada <PearlC3@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > Hi Ellen'
                  >
                  > I would be interested .I'll have to call you because I can't be at the Sing .All my plans have conflicted with just about everything happening relating to the shanties et al
                  >

                  > See ya,
                  > Mary Lu
                  >

                  > On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Ellen Reeve wrote:
                  >

                  > OK there is interest- I will contact people and try to get something going. We can talk the 30 at the Sing re: some plans.
                  >
                  > Ellen
                  >

                  > To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: pollyparnell@...
                  > Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400
                  > Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival
                  >

                  > Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing. How many times have you gone out on your boat? Still looking forward to sailing this summer. Polly

                • Wendy Zdrodowski
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013

                    I'm not available to help decorate as I don't get home evenings until after 7.  I can be available all day on that saturday for whatever.

                    Wendy

                  • Adrienne Kern McClintock
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                      Since I am NOT doing ren faire, I'll likely have nothing but time, and can't think of what else I might have planned for that date.  It's early, lots of variables, but you can put me down for a definite maybe, hopefully changing to yes!

                      --Adrienne McClintock

                      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                      From: wendyzdrodowski@...
                      Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:25:45 -0500

> [...]

                      > I would be interested .I'll have to call you because I can't be at the Sing .All my plans have conflicted with just about everything happening relating to the shanties et al
                      >

                      > See ya,
                      > Mary Lu
                      >

                      > On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Ellen Reeve wrote:
                      >

                      > OK there is interest- I will contact people and try to get something going. We can talk the 30 at the Sing re: some plans.
                      >
                      > Ellen
                      >

                      > To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: pollyparnell@...
                      > Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400
                      > Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival
                      >

                      > Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing. How many times have you gone out on your boat? Still looking forward to sailing this summer. Polly

                    • Ruth Broder
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 27 5:32 AM
                        I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

                        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                        From: pollyparnell@...
                        Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 27 8:46 AM
                          Not doing anything for Venetian night-other plans came up!

                          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                          From: rlbroder@...
                          Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:32:48 +0000

                          I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

                          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                          From: pollyparnell@...
                          Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 27 1:49 PM
                            OK.  Have fun - talk to you soon,

                            Ruth

                            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                            From: cereeve@...
                            Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:46:03 -0500

                            Not doing anything for Venetian night-other plans came up!

                            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                            From: rlbroder@...
                            Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:32:48 +0000

                            I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

                            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                            From: pollyparnell@...
                            Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400