Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival

  • Bethann Grabelsky
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 18, 2013
      When would this happen Ellen?

      Bethann

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 18, 2013, at 2:27 PM, Wendy Zdrodowski <wendyzdrodowski@...> wrote:

      Fred would be booked then but (assuming my health cooperates) I could be available.
      Wendy Z

      On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Ellen Reeve <cereeve@...> wrote:

      On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

      Ellen

    • Polly Parnell
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 19, 2013
        Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
        On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

        Ellen
      • Ellen Reeve
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 19, 2013
          OK there is interest- I will contact people and try to get something going.  We can talk the 30 at the Sing re:  some plans.

          Ellen

          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
          From: pollyparnell@...
          Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

          Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
          On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

          Ellen

        • Mary Lu Papada
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 20, 2013
            Hi Ellen'
            I would be interested .I'll have to call you because I can't be at  the  Sing .All my plans have conflicted with just about everything happening relating to the shanties et al

            See ya,
            Mary Lu

            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
            From: pollyparnell@...
            Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

              From: pollyparnell@...
              Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

              Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
              On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

              Ellen

            • Nathanael Jones

                From: pollyparnell@...
                Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 20, 2013
                  Briefly what we need to do for Venetian Night
                  Get together and look at the boat
                  Plan decoration per the theme "Rocking in the Harbor"
                  Plan a set list
                  We need to do songs that will be heard, be appropriate for the audience (includes children, people in boats, people on land),
                  Decorate the boat, bring it to 31st ST Harbor the night before,
                  Ride and sing throughout the parade on the evening of Saturday, July 27.  Takes maybe an hour.
                  Corinthian will let us use the boat and give us some money for decorating
                  I will take care of arrangement with the club including the driver for the boat.

                  So I'm taking names of who is interested, when people would be available to help plan and decorate, and who can be there on July 27 to sing on the boat in the parade.

                  So far we have:  Wendy Zdrodowski
                                              Polly Parnell
                                              Nathanael Jones
                                              Mary Lu Papada
                                              Bethann Grabelsky
                                              Alex Jones

                  We also might need a sound system.

                  Ellen

                  CC: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                  To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                  From: pollyparnell@...
                  Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

                  Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing.  How many times have you gone out on your boat?  Still looking forward to sailing this summer.  Polly
                  On July 27, 2013 is Venetian night on Chicago's waterfront.  Would any of you be interested in have a Shanty Group decorated boat to be in the decorated boat parade?  I know a lot of people are tied into Rennaisance Fair things at that time of year, so thought I'd get a handle on if anyone was interested.  If a group was interested in volunteering we might be able to do so in conjunction with Corinthian Yacht Club.  Please let me know.

                  Ellen

                • hjalmarii
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                    Count us in. --Hal, Almut, John

                    --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Ellen Reeve <cereeve@...> wrote:

                    > Briefly what we need to do for Venetian Night
                    >

                    > Get together and look at the boat
                    >
                    > Plan decoration per the theme "Rocking in the Harbor"
                    >
                    > Plan a set list
                    >

                    > We need to do songs that will be heard, be appropriate for the audience (includes children, people in boats, people on land),
                    >
                    > Decorate the boat, bring it to 31st ST Harbor the night before,
                    >
                    > Ride and sing throughout the parade on the evening of Saturday, July 27. Takes maybe an hour.
                    >

                    > Corinthian will let us use the boat and give us some money for decorating
                    >

                    > I will take care of arrangement with the club including the driver for the boat.
                    >

                    > So I'm taking names of who is interested, when people would be available to help plan and decorate, and who can be there on July 27 to sing on the boat in the parade.
                    >

                    > So far we have: Wendy Zdrodowski
                    >
                    > Polly Parnell
                    >
                    > Nathanael Jones
                    >
                    > Mary Lu Papada
                    > Bethann Grabelsky
                    >
                    > Alex Jones
                    >

                    > We also might need a sound system.
                    >

                    > Ellen
                    >

                    > CC: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                    > To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: jonnda@...
                    > Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:39:26 -0500
                    > Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival
                    >

                    > I don't often plan that far ahead, but I think I would be interested.
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    > On Jun 20, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Bethann Grabelsky <bethanngrabelsky@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > Won't be at sing because I will be at the GoGos concert at Ravinia. Whatever you decide to do is fine with me.
                    >

                    > Bethann
                    >
                    > Sent from my iPhone
                    >
                    > On Jun 20, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Mary Lu Papada <PearlC3@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > Hi Ellen'
                    >
                    > I would be interested .I'll have to call you because I can't be at the Sing .All my plans have conflicted with just about everything happening relating to the shanties et al
                    >

                    > See ya,
                    > Mary Lu
                    >

                    > On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Ellen Reeve wrote:
                    >

                    > OK there is interest- I will contact people and try to get something going. We can talk the 30 at the Sing re: some plans.
                    >
                    > Ellen
                    >

                    > To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: pollyparnell@...
                    > Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400
                    > Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival
                    >

                    > Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing. How many times have you gone out on your boat? Still looking forward to sailing this summer. Polly

                  • Wendy Zdrodowski
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013

                      I'm not available to help decorate as I don't get home evenings until after 7.  I can be available all day on that saturday for whatever.

                      Wendy

                    • Adrienne Kern McClintock
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                        Since I am NOT doing ren faire, I'll likely have nothing but time, and can't think of what else I might have planned for that date.  It's early, lots of variables, but you can put me down for a definite maybe, hopefully changing to yes!

                        --Adrienne McClintock

                        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                        From: wendyzdrodowski@...
                        Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:25:45 -0500

> [...]

                        > I would be interested .I'll have to call you because I can't be at the Sing .All my plans have conflicted with just about everything happening relating to the shanties et al
                        >

                        > See ya,
                        > Mary Lu
                        >

                        > On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Ellen Reeve wrote:
                        >

                        > OK there is interest- I will contact people and try to get something going. We can talk the 30 at the Sing re: some plans.
                        >
                        > Ellen
                        >

                        > To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: pollyparnell@...
                        > Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400
                        > Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Opportunity to have fun and publicize shanties and the Chicago Maritime Festival
                        >

                        > Dear Ellen - you know I am interested and would love to help and sing. How many times have you gone out on your boat? Still looking forward to sailing this summer. Polly

                      • Ruth Broder
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 27, 2013
                          I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

                          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                          From: pollyparnell@...
                          Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 27, 2013
                            Not doing anything for Venetian night-other plans came up!

                            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                            From: rlbroder@...
                            Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:32:48 +0000

                            I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

                            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                            From: pollyparnell@...
                            Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 27, 2013
                              OK.  Have fun - talk to you soon,

                              Ruth

                              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                              From: cereeve@...
                              Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:46:03 -0500

                              Not doing anything for Venetian night-other plans came up!

                              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                              From: rlbroder@...
                              Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:32:48 +0000

                              I take it you were never able to get another boat - are you doing anything for Venetian night anyways?

                              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

                              From: pollyparnell@...
                              Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:07:10 -0400