Re: "Low Bridge Song"

  • Alchimia@...
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013
      After the brief discussion of this, I remembered learning it "15 years on the Erie Canal", not 15 miles.  History as per WikiP:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Bridge_%28song%29

      gives it both ways.  Original apparently years.

      -jm

    • Polly Parnell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013
        Ahoy Patrick!

        Welcome to Chicago.  I missed the event this Sunday.  We are a rag-tag bunch, but a lot of fun.  Maybe we could set up a meeting at a pub of your choice.  We are all big on going to pubs.  Let us know.

        Polly Parnell
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013

          15 years would make much more sense, since 15 miles from Albany would get just to Schenectady.  Not sure why 15 miles ever stuck.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2013
            I never supposed it was any particular 15 miles, but years still makes better sense.

            Nice shot, by the way.  I couldn't spell Sckenet - -Schenekenady - -Schenplectad - - if I tried all day!

            -jm

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 20, 2013
              Pollllyy,  where are yoouu!

              Mary Lu