Thanks for coming out everyone!

  • Katharine Whisler
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 22, 2013
      Thank you, everyone, for coming out to the sing yesterday. I had a great
      time and you all sounded wonderful! Cathal, who owns the bar, commented
      that we were in especially good voice, so I know it's not just all in my
      head.

      We are still a little up in the air for next month between avoiding
      Mother's Day and a bunch of weekend party bookings at The Atlantic. I
      hope to get that squared away soon.

      --Kathy
    • Alchimia@...
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 23, 2013
        At least we were apparently in good, LOUD voice, if he knew through the closed door!

        Message 3 of 16 , May 14 10:53 AM
          Are we still up in the air, or have I missed an announcement?  I've got to miss the June sing and am hoping to make May's!

          -jm

          Message 4 of 16 , May 14 11:03 PM
            Yeah, looks like no sing at the Atlantic for May, unfortunately.  They don't have an open weekend for us.

            How do folks feel about twice in June?

              Message 6 of 16 , May 14 11:49 PM
                I could do that.

                Just let me know.

                Bethann

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 16 , May 15 11:39 AM
                  How about another venue? Perhaps the Legion post again? --Hal

                  --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Katharine Whisler <kwhisler@...> wrote:

                  > Yeah, looks like no sing at the Atlantic for May, unfortunately. They
                  > don't have an open weekend for us.
                  >
                  > How do folks feel about twice in June?
                  >
                  > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM, <Alchimia@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Are we still up in the air, or have I missed an announcement? I've got to
                  > > miss the June sing and am hoping to make May's!
                  > >
                  > > -jm
                  > >

                  > > ------------------------------

                • Kyla Mead
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 15 7:24 PM

                    I would be good with 2 shanty sings in June, and the Legion post was easier for me to get to, and park at.

                    Kyla

                    How about another venue? Perhaps the Legion post again? --Hal

                    --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Katharine Whisler <kwhisler@...> wrote:

                    > Yeah, looks like no sing at the Atlantic for May, unfortunately. They
                    > don't have an open weekend for us.
                    >
                    > How do folks feel about twice in June?
                    >
                    > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM, <Alchimia@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > Are we still up in the air, or have I missed an announcement? I've got to
                    > > miss the June sing and am hoping to make May's!
                    > >
                    > > -jm
                    > >

                    > > ------------------------------

                  • L Lubin
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 15 8:16 PM
                      Could we really schedule for May - two Sundays left, one almost upon us, the other is Memorial Day Weekend.  Or was this an in-general question?  As an in-general, definitely fine with me.  (as a specific for May - not sure of my schedule)

                      Lois

                      How about another venue? Perhaps the Legion post again? --Hal

                      --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Katharine Whisler <kwhisler@...> wrote:

                      > Yeah, looks like no sing at the Atlantic for May, unfortunately. They
                      > don't have an open weekend for us.
                      >
                      > How do folks feel about twice in June?
                      >
                      > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM, <Alchimia@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > Are we still up in the air, or have I missed an announcement? I've got to
                      > > miss the June sing and am hoping to make May's!
                      > >
                      > > -jm
                      > >

                      > > ------------------------------

                    • zeppelinrider
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 15 11:27 PM
                        I think Cathal is fine with us being at The Atlantic twice in June. June 2 & June 30.

                        --K

                        --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, "hjalmarii" <hals12@...> wrote:

                        > How about another venue? Perhaps the Legion post again? --Hal
                        >
                        > --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Katharine Whisler <kwhisler@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Yeah, looks like no sing at the Atlantic for May, unfortunately. They
                        > > don't have an open weekend for us.
                        > >
                        > > How do folks feel about twice in June?
                        > >
                        > > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM, <Alchimia@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > **
                        > > >

                        > > > Are we still up in the air, or have I missed an announcement? I've got to
                        > > > miss the June sing and am hoping to make May's!
                        > > >
                        > > > -jm
                        > > >

                        > > > ------------------------------

                      • Bethann Grabelsky
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 16 5:18 AM
                          I have no problem with that Kathy. I know if there was a date in May available, you would use it.

                          With Memorial Day and other events happening there, I would rather do 2 dates in June.

                          But could we do it elsewhere if possible?

                          If not, I am ok with 2 dates in June.

                          Bethann

                          Sent from my iPhon

                        • Alchimia@...
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 16 6:51 PM
                            I would be very happy with 2 June, held almost anywhere.  The rest of June is out for me, except 30 is iffy.  Let's AT LEAST do 2 June!

                            -John Morris

                            I think Cathal is fine with us being at The Atlantic twice in June. June 2 & June 30.

                            --K

                            --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, "hjalmarii" <hals12@...> wrote:

                            > How about another venue? Perhaps the Legion post again? --Hal
                            >
                            > --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, Katharine Whisler <kwhisler@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Yeah, looks like no sing at the Atlantic for May, unfortunately. They
                            > > don't have an open weekend for us.
                            > >
                            > > How do folks feel about twice in June?
                            > >
                            > > On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM, <Alchimia@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > **
                            > > >

                            > > > Are we still up in the air, or have I missed an announcement? I've got to
                            > > > miss the June sing and am hoping to make May's!
                            > > >
                            > > > -jm
                            > > >

                            > > > ------------------------------

                          • K AW

                              Message 14 of 16 , May 17 5:59 PM
                                I know we probably can't attend for at least another month--I'm the lone driver in our house, and I'll have an intense training schedule for work at least through June. We'll be at the Bristol (WI) Faire 4x this summer--hope to see at least some of you there!
                                (John +) Nicole Larson
                                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
                              • Alchimia@...
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 23 7:56 AM
                                  Are we fixed for 2 June now?  I've lost a message or two, but R&S say we are.

                                  -John M

                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 23 1:16 PM
                                    Twice in June sounds good to me too if I can make it :-D