RE: [chicagoshanties] Festival feedback

  • Melanie Lauritzen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2013
      I want to second the thank you for the square.  It definitely made life easier for those of us at the sales table.
      Melanie

      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
      From: john@...
      Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 14:21:51 -0600
      Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Festival feedback

      I was very pleased with the use of the square readers for accepting CC's both at the entrance, and at the CD sales table.   I certainly bought more CD's because of that.

      On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Ellen Reeve <cereeve@...> wrote:

      Now that the post festival dust has settled, we will be doing some debriefing.  If anyone has any ideas about what was best and what could have been better, please email me @sailrlady@....  Please be constructive, even including what you might be willing to do to make something better.  While there may be reasons for doing things  certain ways of whichyou are unaware, its helpful to know what people are thinking.

      Thanks,

      Ellen

      --
      John Wohlers

    • Tom Kastle
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2013
        The Chicago Maritime fest has the best volunteers ever! Thanks. --Tom

        Tom Kastle

        Singer, songwriter, sailor, and storyteller

        Madison, WI
        608-204-2882 office
        773-575-7244 cell
        www.tomkastle.com
        tomkastle@...

        NOTE: I have been hacked. My return e-mail address should be

        tomkastle@... or tom@...

        Clearly, we could have done without the noise from the wedding reception or whatever that was taking place above the auditorium during the concert.  We need to have a discussion with the management to try and make sure that kind of thing doesn't happen in the future.  On the positive side, we got some good publicity from the Reader and Crain's, reflected in the presence of a fair number of first-time attendees at the concert.  We need to make sure we are keeping track of attendees so we can contact them in the future -- I'd be willing to help with this if you need it.  That's off the top of my head.  I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

        To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
        From: cereeve@...
        Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 14:05:45 -0600
        Subject: [chicagoshanties] Festival feedback

        Now that the post festival dust has settled, we will be doing some debriefing.  If anyone has any ideas about what was best and what could have been better, please email me @sailrlady@....  Please be constructive, even including what you might be willing to do to make something better.  While there may be reasons for doing things  certain ways of whichyou are unaware, its helpful to know what people are thinking.

        Thanks,

        Ellen

      • Bethann Grabelsky

          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
          From: cereeve@...
          Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 14:05:45 -0600

          Now that the post festival dust has settled, we will be doing some debriefing.  If anyone has any ideas about what was best and what could have been better, please email me @sailrlady@....  Please be constructive, even including what you might be willing to do to make something better.  While there may be reasons for doing things  certain ways of whichyou are unaware, its helpful to know what people are thinking.

          Thanks,

          Ellen

        • Ellen Reeve
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2013

             I almost let that go without saying it-the volunteers make the festival, they are awesome!

            Ellen

            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013
              We couldn't do what we do every year without you, our fearless leader, Ellen! I look forward to next year's festival.

              Bethann

              Sent from my iPhone

              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com

              To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com