Re: [chicagoshanties] Shanty Sing for June at different time

  • Bethann Grabelsky
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012
      Is there a shanty sing for July?

      If so, when is it?

      Thanks.

      Bethann

      From: zeppelinrider <kwhisler@...>
      To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 7:58 AM
      Subject: [chicagoshanties] Shanty Sing for June at different time

      Due to scheduling conflicts caused by the European soccer finals, the shanty sing on Sunday June 24th we will be starting at five pm. This is *two* hours later than usual, and because we are starting late we can't really go on as long either. Nevertheless, a big thank you to Cathal for being so accommodating!

      I'd hoped to start at 4:30 pm, but that won't work because the soccer game might go into overtime. Still let's shoot for having a quorum and our beers in hand to start closer to on time than we did the last time since we won't be going as long. In general, prepare to be flexible this month.

      Who: You!

      What: Sing sea shanties in an Irish pub, enjoy your beverage of choice, have a rollicking good time!

      When:
      Sunday, June 24th
      5 pm to 7 pm

      Where:
      The Atlantic Bar & Grill
      5062 N. Lincoln Avenue
      Chicago, Illinois 60625
      773-506-7090
      http://www.theatlanticbar.com

      Note: The Atlantic is legally a restaurant; that means people under 21 may attend without their parents.

      How to get to The Atlantic:
      The Atlantic is on Lincoln Ave. in Chicago two and a half blocks south of Foster and about four blocks north of Lawrence, on the northwest corner of Lincoln & Winnemac. For reference, it is about 3/4 of a mile north of the Old Town School of Folk Music. The Atlantic has a free parking lot, street parking is also possible.

      By CTA, either take the Brown Line to Western and walk the rest of the way or take the #11 Lincoln bus, or take the Red Line to Foster and then get the #92 Foster bus to Foster & Lincoln-- it is about a fifteen minute ride. Warning, the Lincoln bus does not keep running all the way until 7 pm.