Shanty sail planning for August

  • zeppelinrider
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2009
      I'm back from vacation and am looking forward to another shanty sail. While I was gone I received an email from the Windy folks confirming that the $10 ticket price will continue to apply, even if we don't get twenty people. So that's good news! (We will of course still need to call in advance with a head count.)

      I'm still up for Monday, August 17th. There is also interest in Monday, August 10th. Are people interested in one or both? Let me know.
    • John Wohlers
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4, 2009
        I would be interested in both I have an appt on the 10th but I could
        reschedule it

        --
        Sent from my mobile device

        John Wohlers
      • Ruth Broder
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 2009
          I actually can do Monday, August 17, but not Monday, August 10.

          To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
          From: john@...
          Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:09:22 -0500
          Subject: Re: [chicagoshanties] Shanty sail planning for August

          On 8/4/09, zeppelinrider <kwhisler@sbcglobal. net> wrote:
          > I'm back from vacation and am looking forward to another shanty sail. While
          > I was gone I received an email from the Windy folks confirming that the $10
          > ticket price will continue to apply, even if we don't get twenty people. So
          > that's good news! (We will of course still need to call in advance with a
          > head count.)
          >
          > I'm still up for Monday, August 17th. There is also interest in Monday,
          > August 10th. Are people interested in one or both? Let me know.

          --
          Sent from my mobile device

          John Wohlers

          Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. Try it now.
        • Ellen Reeve
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4, 2009
            I'm probably interested in both!

            To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
            From: kwhisler@...
            Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:41:23 +0000

            I'm back from vacation and am looking forward to another shanty sail. While I was gone I received an email from the Windy folks confirming that the $10 ticket price will continue to apply, even if we don't get twenty people. So that's good news! (We will of course still need to call in advance with a head count.)

            I'm still up for Monday, August 17th. There is also interest in Monday, August 10th. Are people interested in one or both? Let me know.

            Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. Try it now.
          • Tom Kastle
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 4, 2009
              A quick FYI; I am not scheduled for any more sails on Windy. More later...

              Tom
               (via my iPhone)

              Tom Kastle

              To: chicagoshanties@ yahoogroups. com
              From: kwhisler@sbcglobal. net
              Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:41:23 +0000

            • pollyparnell@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 5, 2009
                Gabrielle and I went last Monday - no head count was necessary.  We had a great sing.  Tom, does that mean we will not be able to sing with you again this year?  I hope not.  Polly
              • Katharine Whisler
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 5, 2009
                  Glad Monday worked out!  But it would still be best to phone in advance with at least a rough head count: the email I got from the Windy folks specifically requested that we do that.

                  Polly, do you plan to be on hand this coming Monday or the following one?

                • miterman@netzero.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 5, 2009
                    The 10th could work for me, Thanks Dan Stein

                    I'm back from vacation and am looking forward to another shanty sail. While I was gone I received an email from the Windy folks confirming that the $10 ticket price will continue to apply, even if we don't get twenty people. So that's good news! (We will of course still need to call in advance with a head count.)

                    I'm still up for Monday, August 17th. There is also interest in Monday, August 10th. Are people interested in one or both? Let me know.

                    Free info for small business owners. Click here to find great products geared for your business.

                  • zeppelinrider
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 6, 2009
                      Excellent! So far we have:

                      August 10 (7:45 pm)
                      *Dan Stein
                      *Ellen Reeve
                      *Polly Parnell
                      *John Wohlers (maybe)

                      August 17 (7:45 pm)
                      *Ellen Reeve
                      *John Wohlers
                      *Kathy Whisler
                      *Polly Parnell
                      *Ruth Broder

                      That's certainly enough people to have a good time! I'll let the Windy folks know that we are coming both days.

                      Anyone else up for a sing on the Windy?

                      --- In chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com, "miterman@..." <miterman@...> wrote:

                      > The 10th could work for me, Thanks Dan Stein

                    • John Wohlers
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 6, 2009
                        The 17th I'll have a few guests too

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 6, 2009
                          Looks good. So plan for SAT, September 5th; a (Very) Special Shantey Sing featuring John Roberts and Debta Cowan with special guest Tom Kastle. I'll send details and promo blurbs as soon as possible. This is really a huge favor that should prove to be an excellant time for all. I assume you know that John is one of the featured performers at the Fest.

                          Looking forward to a fine time.

                          Thankfully,

                          Tom
                           (via my iPhone)

                          Tom Kastle

                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 6, 2009
                            Wonderful!  With luck, so will I.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 7, 2009
                              I will probably bring a couple of guests both nights.  Polly
                            • Ellen Reeve
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 7, 2009
                                me too,maybe
                                 Ellen

                                To: chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com
                                From: pollyparnell@...
                                Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:44:13 -0400

                                I will probably bring a couple of guests both nights.  Polly

                                Get your vacation photos on your phone! Click here.
                              • Rosanne Turow
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 7, 2009

                                  Bill and I are going to try to attend both dates

                                  I will probably bring a couple of guests both nights.  Polly

                                  Get your vacation photos on your phone! Click here.

                                • John Wiseman
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 7, 2009
                                    I will try to come on the 17th.
                                    John Wiseman