1894Re: [chicagoshanties] August 17th Shanty Sing

  • Wendy Zdrodowski
    Aug 7, 2014
      Sorry  - that's the day that the rabbit rescue I work with is protesting at Whole Foods (they just started promoting and selling rabbit meat)

      Wendy

      On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 12:56 AM, kwhisler@... [chicagoshanties] <chicagoshanties@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The Shanty Sing for August will be Sunday, August 17th at The Atlantic Bar & Grill. Come out and sing shanties, drinking songs, and anything else that we can think of that is sailor-y or references water or the sea, ideally with a chorus we can all sing along with. Musical instruments welcome, too. And for those who like to plan ahead, the sing for September will be Sunday, September 21st (the weekend following Talk Like a Pirate Day).

      Who: You!

      What: Sing sea shanties in an Irish pub, enjoy your beverage of choice, have a rollicking good time!

      When:
      Sunday, August 17th
      3 pm to 6 pm

      Where:
      The Atlantic Bar & Grill
      5062 N. Lincoln Avenue
      Chicago, Illinois 60625
      773-506-7090
      http://www.theatlanticbar.com

      How to get to The Atlantic:
      The Atlantic is on Lincoln Ave. in Chicago two and a half blocks south of Foster and about four blocks north of Lawrence, on the northwest corner of Lincoln & Winnemac. For reference, it is about 3/4 of a mile north of the Old Town School of Folk Music. Parking is on the street, but you do not need to pay these meters on Sunday.

      By CTA, either take the Brown Line to Western and walk the rest of the way or take the #11 Lincoln bus, or take the Red Line to Foster and then get the #92 Foster bus to Foster & Lincoln-- it is about a fifteen minute ride.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic