[*CCM*] Rally, procession, ghost bike installation- Sept. 11 2008, 7:30 PM

  • hnk
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2008
      ==Please forward widely==

      19 year old pharmacy student Blanca Ocasio was killed riding her bike
      near her Logan Square home on September 11 2007.

      Please join family, friends, and neighbors of Blanca on Thursday,
      September 11, 2008 for a rally, candlelight procession, and ghost bike
      installation ceremony. We will gather at 7 PM at the west end of Palmer
      Square, 2200 N. Kedzie Blvd.; at 7:30 we will hear from family, friends,
      and representatives of Logan Square Walks and the Chicagoland Bicycle
      Federation, and then proceed with a candlelight procession to the
      intersection of Armitage and Kedzie where a ghost bike for Blanca will
      be installed.

      Please come out and show your support for Blanca's family and friends,
      and for safer streets for our most vulnerable users.

      Info here:
      http://www.thechainlink.org/events/event/show?id=2211490:Event:5775

      http://breakthegridlock.org/node/124074

      Press release here:
      http://breakthegridlock.org/files/breakthegridlock/BlancaPR.pdf

      Howard K
      773/710-4143

    • hnk
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2008
        Final reminder-- please come out and show your support Thursday evening.
        Please bring candles, jars and tea lights, lighters if you have some.
        Thanks to all who have worked so hard to help bring about proposed and
        planned changes to the intersection in response to the tragedies that
        have occurred there.

        Howard K

        http://www.bikechicago.info/ghostbikes

        <<<19 year old pharmacy student Blanca Ocasio was killed riding her bike
        near her Logan Square home on September 11 2007.

        Please join family, friends, and neighbors of Blanca on Thursday,
        September 11, 2008 for a rally, candlelight procession, and ghost bike
        installation ceremony. We will gather at 7 PM at the west end of Palmer
        Square, 2200 N. Kedzie Blvd.; at 7:30 we will hear from family, friends,
        and representatives of Logan Square Walks, Chicagoland Bicycle
        Federation, and alderman Rey Colon's office and then proceed with a