Wong Sisters in Kill Bill Vol. 2!

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2004
      I reread the draft script and am now certain that it is Karen Wong in
      the TV Spot. In the script, the Bride says this to Karen: "I'm the
      deadliest woman in the world, but right now I'm scared shitless for
      my baby." The first part of this line is also heard in the TV Spot.

      Here's the full story. Lisa and Karen Wong are two Korean women in
      the LA underworld. Quentin's script mostly focuses on Karen of the
      Wong Sisters. We are told the story through a flashback in the last
      chapter of Kill Bill where the Bride has a conversation with Bill.
      Apparently, Bill ordered the Bride to LA to assassinate Lisa Wong
      four years ago. However she was spotted and once Lisa got wind of
      the coming Bride, she sent her own sister, Karen, to deal with the
      tall blonde.

      There's a knock on the hotel room door.

      The Bride stops dancing and goes to the door's
      peephole.

      PEEPHOLE POV: A pretty KOREAN WOMAN in the blazer and
      skirt
      outfit of a hotel manager. She's holding a basket of
      flowers.

      The Bride says through the door;

      THE BRIDE
      Hello, can I help you?

      HOTEL WOMAN
      Hello, I'm Karen Kim, I'm the
      hospitality manager of the hotel. I
      have a welcome gift from the
      management.

      Seeing it through the peephole.

      THE BRIDE
      Oh, it's beautiful. But I'm kinda
      busy at this second, could you
      possibly come back later?

      As she talks, she accidentally drops the blue strip,
      she
      bends down to pick it up...

      WHEN...

      A SHOTGUN BLAST BLOWS A HOLE in the door, right where
      the
      bent over woman was previously standing.

      Karen kicks open the door, Pump Action Shotgun in hand.

      The Bride's on her back, on the floor below her.

      Karen aims the shotgun down at her.

      With her foot, The Bride kicks the front door.

      It SLAMS BACK HITTING Karen in the face.

      The Bride scrambles to her feet, running for cover.

      Karen pushes the door aside, steps into the room, and
      FIRES
      the shotgun The Bride's way.

      The Bride DIVES out of the way.

      The BLAST DESTROYS the side of the room it HITS.

      The Bride comes up from the floor with her SOG in her
      hand,
      and THROWS IT across the room at Karen...

      Karen BLOCKS the thrown knife with her shotgun. The
      blade
      sticking in the weapon's wooden stock. She removes the
      knife,
      and drops it to the floor.

      The Bride is a sitting duck. There's nothing she can do
      except wait to get shot.

      KAREN
      So you came here to kill Lisa Wong,
      huh? Well that's my sister, bitch.
      I'm Karen Wong, and I've come here
      to kill you.

      She raises the shotgun, and takes aim at The Bride...

      THE BRIDE
      Wait a second!

      Karen stops.

      THE BRIDE
      Yes, I'm an assassin. Yes I did
      come here to kill your sister. But
      I'm not gonna do that now.

      KAREN
      Oh, I know you're not --

      THE BRIDE
      - listen to me! I just found out,
      right now - not two minutes before
      you blew a hole in the door, I'm
      pregnant.

      Karen looks at her, "what?".

      THE BRIDE
      On that table is the home pregnancy
      kit. On the floor by the door is
      the strip that says I'm pregnant.
      I'm telling you the truth, I don't
      want to and I won't kill your
      sister. I just want to go home.

      KAREN
      What is this, bullshit story number
      twelve in the female assassin's
      handbook?

      THE BRIDE
      Any other time you'd be a hundred
      percent right. But this time you're
      a hundred percent wrong. I'm the
      deadliest woman in the world, but
      right now I'm scared shitless for
      my baby. Please, you hafta believe
      me. Look at the strip, it's on the
      floor.

      Karen looks over to the door, and sees the tiny strip
      on the
      floor.

      KAREN
      Sit down on that bed and put your
      hands behind your head.

      The Bride complies. Karen bends down and picks the
      strip off
      the floor. Then takes the package it came in and reads
      the
      directions on the box.

      THE BRIDE
      Blue means pregnant.

      KAREN
      I'll read it myself, thank you.

      It is blue, Karen's starting to believe her.

      KAREN
      Okay, say I were to believe you,
      what then?

      THE BRIDE
      Just go home. I'll do the same.

      Karen does...She starts backing out of the
      room...before she
      leaves, she says;

      KAREN
      You fucked with the Wong sisters.