Re: [chi-improv] Engines (Rempis/Daisy/McBride) at Morseland 1/16/05

  • Frank T.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2006
      16
      7pm» LIVE JAZZ
      10pm» THE GROOVE TEMPLE W/ DJ SHANI

      I wonder if you could get the Morseland to say more than "LIVE JAZZ 7 pm" on their Music Event Calendar (ntm the wrong time)? They detail all the particulars DJ's and rock bands on the rest of the week, but then they penciled in just "LIVE JAZZ 7 pm" for all the Mondays in Jan., without details.

      Of course this is a fun way to get people to check out improvised music, like WNUR running the innocently named "Jazz Show" on weekday mornings. "Honey, I found 89.3, but I'm not sure WHAT this music is on here!?!"

      - Frank T.

      Correct my being wrung but tell me true or false. Has anyone else ever
      made music on a waste basket or am I the original composer?
      (from "Child's Perspective on Music" by a St. Louis music teacher)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2006
        Frank, I wish I could help, but I'm not associated with Morseland. I too
        wish they would improve their calendar. Maybe we should suggest this to
        them? I believe this is their contact info:

        music@*morseland*.com <music@...>
        773-764-8900

        dk