Re: [chi-improv] Art Ensemble of Chicago at South Shore Cultural Center

  • jazzhope@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      If there are two of these notes--sorry, I have adjusted my profile email
      addresses but there are still some issues from changing my network provider
      -->by calling the SSCC here is the schedule for the South Shore jazz festival:
      Note that the starting time is noon and the closing time is dusk for each day...
      THE REST OF THE TIMES ARE MY ESTIMATES!

      ////> SATURDAY AUGUST 2ND starts at NOON - FREE
      SOUTH SHORE JAZZ FESTIVAL
      South Shore Cultural Center. 7059 S. South Shore Drive Chicago, Illinois 60649

      -->SATURDAY AUGUST 2
      NOON SOUTH SHORE CULTURAL CENTER JAZZ ENSEMBLE
      ~2:00PM NICK COLIONNE
      ~3:30PM ORQUESTRA RUMBA
      ~5PM RENE MARIE http://www.jazzreview.com/articledetails.cfm?ID=821
      http://www.maxjazz.com/marie/
      ~6:30PM DON MOYE AND THE ART ENSEMBLE � Roscoe Mitchell and Malachi Favors (and
      it sounds like Joseph Jarman too!)

      -->SUNDAY AUGUST 3 starts at NOON - FREE
      NOON ALAN TWINS / THE BUSINESS
      ~2:00PM ERNEST DAWKINS LIVE THE SPIRIT BAND
      ~3:30PM BOB GUTHRIE
      ~5PM DEE ALEXANDER QUARTET with MIQUEL DE LA CERNA-p, HARRISON BANKHEAD-B,
      LEON JOYCE, JR-d
      6:30PM RAMSEY LEWIS TRIO with LARRY GRAY-b, LEON JOYCE, JR-d

      --
      Rebecca Hope
      jazzhope@...