Chicago Phonography

  • c_chad
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      Hello all,

      I'm trying to gather people interested in producing and broadcasting unprocessed field
      recordings (made in and around Chicago) as an ensemble in an improvised live context.

      If your interested contact me.

      chad

      "nature performs and we provide the secretarial services" -R. Murray Schafer
    • Eric Leonardson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2008
        Hi Chad,

        You may want to contact Jesse Seay who runs the Favorite Chicago Sounds
        project. They're having a meeting tomorrow (Sunday) at 2pm, a "sound
        potluck"based on their growing sound map:
        http://favoritechicagosounds.com/soundmaps.php

        Her contact info is on the web page.

        All the best,
        Eric

        --
        Eric Leonardson
        eric@... <mailto:eric@...>
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2008
          Hi Eric,
          Thanks for the link. I've met Jesse before but did not know about this
          particular project.

          Best,
          Chad

          On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Eric Leonardson <eric@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Chad,
          >
          > You may want to contact Jesse Seay who runs the Favorite Chicago Sounds
          > project. They're having a meeting tomorrow (Sunday) at 2pm, a "sound
          > potluck"based on their growing sound map:
          > http://favoritechicagosounds.com/soundmaps.php
          >
          > Her contact info is on the web page.
          >
          > All the best,
          > Eric
          >
          > c_chad wrote:
          > >

          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I'm trying to gather people interested in producing and broadcasting
          > > unprocessed field
          > > recordings (made in and around Chicago) as an ensemble in an
          > > improvised live context.
          > >
          > > If your interested contact me.
          > >
          > > chad
          > >
          > > "nature performs and we provide the secretarial services" -R. Murray
          > > Schafer
          > >

          > --
          > Eric Leonardson
          > eric@... <eric%40ericleonardson.org> <mailto:
          > eric@... <eric%40ericleonardson.org>>
          > http://ericleonardson.org/
          > mobile: 773-218-5796

        • Eric Leonardson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2008
            You're welcome, Chad.

            I'm interested in learning more about what you're thinking of doing. It
            reminds me of the Seattle Phonographers Union, of which my friend and
            former Chicagoan Steve Barsotti is a part of: http://www.kazbar.org/spu/

            You can contact me off-list if you like.

            Best,
            Eric

            Chad Clark wrote:

            > Hi Eric,
            > Thanks for the link. I've met Jesse before but did not know about this
            > particular project.
            >
            > Best,
            > Chad
            >
            > On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Eric Leonardson
            > <eric@... <mailto:eric%40ericleonardson.org>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Hi Chad,
            > >
            > > You may want to contact Jesse Seay who runs the Favorite Chicago Sounds
            > > project. They're having a meeting tomorrow (Sunday) at 2pm, a "sound
            > > potluck"based on their growing sound map:
            > > http://favoritechicagosounds.com/soundmaps.php
            > <http://favoritechicagosounds.com/soundmaps.php>
            > >
            > > Her contact info is on the web page.
            > >
            > > All the best,
            > > Eric
            > >
            > > c_chad wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hello all,
            > > >
            > > > I'm trying to gather people interested in producing and broadcasting
            > > > unprocessed field
            > > > recordings (made in and around Chicago) as an ensemble in an
            > > > improvised live context.
            > > >
            > > > If your interested contact me.
            > > >
            > > > chad
            > > >
            > > > "nature performs and we provide the secretarial services" -R. Murray
            > > > Schafer
            > > >

            > > --
            > > Eric Leonardson
            > > eric@... <mailto:eric%40ericleonardson.org>