Re: [chexsys] Digest Number 210

  • ASTROUGHTE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2001
      I don't know where you all live but here in California it's a whole different
      story. I had a $15,000.00 check and not one bank would allow me to open a
      checking account because my name is in chexsystems. I don't owe any money to
      anybody but they refuse to remove my name from chexsystems which caused me to
      have to go directly to the bank which the $15000.00 check was drawn and cash
      it. I had to carry around that large amount of cash because I had no bank to
      turn to because of chexsystems. I went to 21 different banks with that check
      and they said no.
    • GARTHSBRAT@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2001
        did you try to open just a savings account? That's how I cashed my
        $29,000.oo check. They agreed to open a checking account for me - and I
        opened a savings account, too. The agreement was no debit or atm card for 6
        months - if the account is in good standing, they'll give me a card then. I
        live in Simi Valley CA - and opened the account with First Western Bank. I
        explained my situation to the new accounts manager & she was willing to help.
        (I opened a 6 month-emergency CD with $10,000.00) That may have helped.

      • Sunrisedrp@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 17, 2001
          Even Bank of America? They let me open a savings with an ATM Card.
          Then I wrote letters each and every week to the bank that put me on there
          asking the one question "What do I have to do to get off, please reply in
          writing" and sent it registered to the branch manager.... after 3 weeks I got
          the golden letter that I was being removed! I took that letter to B of A and
          they then also opened a checking account for me.

        • Nicholas Mallory
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2001
            That's exactly the kind of abuse that should be illegal for financial
            institutions to inflict on people. I can't even get any bank to allow direct
            deposit of my disability check, all because of chexsystems.

            I think i'll write them a very long letter.

            >From: ASTROUGHTE@...
            >To: chexsys@egroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [chexsys] Digest Number 210
            >Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:08:19 EST
            >
            >I don't know where you all live but here in California it's a whole
            >different
            >story. I had a $15,000.00 check and not one bank would allow me to open a
            >checking account because my name is in chexsystems. I don't owe any money
            >anybody but they refuse to remove my name from chexsystems which caused me
            >have to go directly to the bank which the $15000.00 check was drawn and
            >cash
            >it. I had to carry around that large amount of cash because I had no bank
            >turn to because of chexsystems. I went to 21 different banks with that
            >check
            >and they said no.

          • STEWART,KENDRA (HP-USA,ex1)
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 24, 2001
              Does anyone know what on-line banks don't use Chexsystems? TD Waterhouse?
              NetBank?

              Thanks,

              Kendra