screwed yet again.

  • ryan fenster
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 14, 2000
      now i've three more NSF checks on chexsystems.

      I really need to know where some places are where I can get my Soc Sec
      check direct deposited so I'm not stuck in F****** Humboldt county for
      five years. state CA.

      Ryan.
    • zero nothing
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 14, 2000

        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 14, 2000
          In a message dated 12/14/00 11:25:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          celticstartigerofavalon@... writes:

          > now i've three more NSF checks on chexsystems.
          >
          > I really need to know where some places are where I can get my Soc Sec
          > check direct deposited so I'm not stuck in F****** Humboldt county for
          > five years. state CA.
          >
          > Ryan. Ryan, why 3 more NSF's, was it because the deposit on the
          > SS cks didn't clear and you wrote checks? What was the situation? I
          > am an accountant who was also on chex systems. I've been able to get the
          > bank that put me on there off and now have a savings and checking account
          > which I am very carefully monitoring and balancing. I am keeping a cushion
          > in there too... don't want to ever go through anything like that again. I
          > was on for 10 months and figured out ways to get off. Anyway, answer these
          > questions and I may be able to help.

        • ryan fenster
          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
            These wee three NSF checks that I had written 8 months ago and had totally
            spaced on them.

            I got no statement from any of the places. Just a "surprise" when I asked
            chexsystems for a copy of my consumer report.

            Ryan.

            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
              In a message dated 12/15/00 12:10:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,

            • Sunrisedrp@aol.com
              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                Subj: Re: [chexsys] screwed yet again.
                Date: 12/15/00 1:26:40 AM Pacific Standard Time
                From:    Sunrisedrp@...
                To:    chexsys@egroups.com

                In a message dated 12/15/00 12:10:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                celticstartigerofavalon@... writes:

                > These wee three NSF checks that I had written 8 months ago and had totally
                > spaced on them.
                >
                > I got no statement from any of the places. Just a "surprise" when I asked
                > chexsystems for a copy of my consumer report.
                >
                > Ryan.
                So, they have been covered and taken care of now though right?  Also, do you
                still have a bank account with the bank that the NSF's were on? (from the
                bank that reported you to chex systems? )

              • GARTHSBRAT@aol.com
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                  Please share with me the ways you figured to get off of the stupid list... I
                  have been able to open a new checking account, but would like to get my name
                  OFF of the exiled list.
                  Thanks

                • Ed Power
                  Message 8 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                    TD Waterhouse just turned me down because of Chex Systems!!!

                    Ed Power

                  • contentcounts@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                      I have an account at Suntrust Bank. If you apply online, they usually just
                      pull a credit report. In person, most branches use Telechek. I suggest you
                      get a phone book, call all of the banks in your area, and ask them what check
                      verification system they use before they let you open an account. It's a
                      pain, but it's worth it. There has to be somebody.

                      If they ask why, tell them the truth. (or something close to it) like "I'm
                      listed in chexsystems because of a bank error I made several years ago"

                      -Melissa Brewer
                    • Shannon Cooper
                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                        TD Waterhouse now uses ChexSystems to verify all new account applications.
                        I'm pretty sure this is new. I know some folks on ChexSystems who were able
                        to get an account there a while ago. When I tried recently, I was denied
                        because of my ChexSystems status.

                        Message 11 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                          Find enough Dirt concerning the bank that put you on chexsystems. take the
                          papers with you, speak to the VP or whoevers in charge, let them know that
                          you want to be removed from chexsystems since you have paid the debt. Hassle
                          them untill they comply, Also make them aware that you have info on them and
                          will not hesitate to publish it, put out fliers, do anything to drive away
                          potential customers, etc.

                          Let them know you mean business and that their bullshit don't fly.

                          Good luck!

                          Ryan.

                          >From: GARTHSBRAT@...
                          >To: chexsys@egroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [chexsys] screwed yet again.
                          >Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:47:08 EST
                          >
                          >Please share with me the ways you figured to get off of the stupid list...
                          >have been able to open a new checking account, but would like to get my
                          >name
                          >OFF of the exiled list.
                          >Thanks

                        • Tim Herbsleb
                          Message 12 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                            Hey,

                            I have my SS check direct deposited to my account
                            with tdwaterhouse.com so far they have been great and
                            there online system is super. Give them a shot. No
                            miniume balance. no deposit needed to open the
                            account.

                            http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                          • Sunrisedrp@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 15, 2000
                              The way I got off was to write a letter each and every week and send it
                              certified mail and note 2nd request, 3rd request to the bank who put me on
                              there, directly to the Brank Manager. All I said in the letter other than
                              name account # and pertinent info was "What do I have to do for your bank to
                              take me off the list!" and that I wanted correspondence back in writing. The
                              third time it worked and I got the golden letter saying that after
                              consideration they are removing me from the list and they did... it was Cal
                              Fed who reported me. I got the idea from the movie "shawshank redemption"
                              and it worked!
                              Before I was even off the list B of A said they would and did give me a
                              saving account. (I went in there and told them I was on chexsystems and they
                              made a notation on my account that I was being waived not getting an acct due
                              to chexsystems). They said after 6 mos they would give me a checking acct.
                              The next week however I had the golden letter and they immediately opened a
                              checking account for me.

                            • GARTHSBRAT@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 29 , Dec 16, 2000
                                Thank You! I'll let you know if it works for me, too!

                              • Sunrisedrp@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 29 , Dec 17, 2000
                                  In a message dated 12/16/00 7:47:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                                  GARTHSBRAT@... writes:

                                  > Thank You! I'll let you know if it works for me, too! Good deal, I hope
                                  > it does!!!!, Let me know!!!

                                • Shannon Cooper
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Dec 18, 2000
                                    WHEN DID you open your account? I applied for one with TD Waterhouse very
                                    recently, and they turned me down because of Chex Systems. Looks like they
                                    are now using it to verify all new accounts...

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Dec 18, 2000
                                      i have an account with tdwaterhouse that i opened about a year ago...i do not
                                      recommend tdwaterhouse now because they are currently using chexsystems for
                                      verification of new accounts. when they first started online banking they
                                      did not use any verification process...
                                    • Scott Kammeyer
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Dec 20, 2000
                                        Where did you get this information? I signed up about
                                        3 months ago and they didn't check chexsystems.

                                        -SKammeyer

                                      • ksmartt1@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Dec 20, 2000
                                          a friend of mine tried to open an account about two weeks ago and she was
                                          denied because of a negative listing on chexsystems.
                                        • Joe
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Dec 20, 2000
                                            Are all listings on Chexsystems negative, or can you have a positive
                                            listing?
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                              i am not completely sure if this answer is correct but i believe that only
                                              negative items are listed on chexsystems reports. if anyone knows otherwise
                                              please let us know...thanx i know that my chexsystems reports only has
                                              listed the one bank where i had overdrafts. my good rating at other banks
                                              are not listed.
                                            • GARTHSBRAT@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                                That is correct - Chexsystems only reports the negative - they report nothing
                                                positive whatsoever!! If they did, they would be out of business!
                                                I alos found something out - if you have large amounts of cash to deposit -
                                                the bank won't care about chexsystems if you are honest with them - you may
                                                have to do without an ATM or debit card for a few months - but you'll be free
                                                of chexsystems!

                                              • ksmartt1@aol.com
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                                  do you know if this is true for compass bank or bank of america? i get large
                                                  student loan checks so if I used it as an opening deposit they would be more
                                                  likely to open an account for me? should i tell them upfront about
                                                  chexsystems or should i wait till they ask?
                                                • ryan fenster
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                                    This isn't what I've found. I've tried to get my disability checks direct
                                                    deposited to Wells Fargo, Bof A, and some local banks. However These loser
                                                    banks won't let me get direct deposit even though it is a rather large
                                                    amount.

                                                    Ryan.

                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                                      I think they both use chexsystems - but BofA is willing to overlook it if it
                                                      is over 12 months - and you paid it back. Being honest & upfront with them
                                                      fromt he beginning may score you positive points. Make sure YOU insist that
                                                      you don't want an ATM card or a debit card - just an account to deposit your
                                                      checks into & checks to pay bills from. Our new account has a $1500 minimum
                                                      - but it's worth it to have an account that chexsystems can't touch or muck
                                                      up!! Be straight with the new accounts person - they are on your side - and
                                                      I think BofA is sick of chexsystems - it costs them too many customers!

                                                    • ryan fenster
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                                        Thanx:) I'll be persistant.

                                                        Goddess Bless:)
                                                        Ryan.

                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                                          In a message dated 12/21/00 10:00:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                                                          ksmartt1@... writes:

                                                          > do you know if this is true for compass bank or bank of america? i get
                                                          > large
                                                          > student loan checks so if I used it as an opening deposit they would be
                                                          > more
                                                          > likely to open an account for me? should i tell them upfront about

                                                          Tell them so they don't put another mark on the chexsystems inquiry.
                                                          Also they can waive the chexsystem report on the back of your bank account
                                                          card....

                                                        • Sunrisedrp@aol.com
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Dec 21, 2000
                                                            They have accounts with NO minimum required balance as well....

                                                          • Slade Simon
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Dec 22, 2000
                                                              If you don't require a local bank, you might try Security First Network
                                                              Bank - www.sfnb.com. I've had good luck with them. They have changed their
                                                              services a little recently so I don't know if this means other changes like
                                                              in how they approve accounts. I logged in one day and found 4 ATM fees
                                                              refunded. That's new so I don't know the full story on that yet. Keep
                                                              forgetting to look it up. I have never had trouble with their electronic
                                                              payment service. All problems involved errors on my part. (Typos in an
                                                              account number one time.)

                                                              I had an account with X.COM until they ceased all online banking services.
                                                              Even the bank offering the services for them stopped their online access.

                                                              I do have an account with Wells Fargo, but it's a joint account with my
                                                              father who has other accounts with them. There are times when a local branch
                                                              is nice, but I still hate Wells Fargo. Their additional fees on everything
                                                              is insane. Everything I get for free with SFNB costs extra with Wells.