President Clinton issues privacy proposal affecting ChexSystems.

  • chexsystemsbites@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2000
      The proposal would require customer consent before financial
      institutions shared data on spending habits or medical history.

      A sister company to ChexSystems is the DebitBureau and this proposal
      is aimed squarely at them and their ilk.

      Both the DebitBureau and ChexSystems are part of eFunds, which is a
      Deluxe subsidiary. More info about DebitBureau at
      http://www.debitbureau.com/

      Here is the article:
      http://www.thestandard.com/article/display/0,1151,14652,00.html

      Clinton is also asking for a study to determine how data from
      bankruptcy records impact consumer privacy. We hope that study also
      takes a look at how ChexSystems data is being abused in much the same
      way. One other related issue we wish would be looked at is how
      ChexSystems shares information about blank check orders, without
      customer's authorization or knowledge.

      - ChexSystems Bites!
      chexsystemsbites@...
      http://chexsystemsbites.tripod.com/