Nightmare....

  • Robert Darwin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 1999
      I am having the biggest nightmare but I don't really blame ChexSystems, the
      bank is the one who actually messed me up with a compuer/human error 4 years
      ago and now I have moved across the country and cannot open a bank account!!
      I am really in hell--is there any way to actually go after the bank?? Is
      there anywhere to complain?

      Chad

    • Robert Darwin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 1999
        >From: Robert Darwin <chaddydaddy55@...>
        >To: chexsys@onelist.com
        >Subject: [chexsys] Nightmare....
        >Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:29:40 EDT
        >
        >From: Robert Darwin <chaddydaddy55@...>
        >
        >I am having the biggest nightmare but I don't really blame ChexSystems, the
        >bank is the one who actually messed me up with a compuer/human error 4
        >years
        >ago and now I have moved across the country and cannot open a bank
        >account!!
        > I am really in hell--is there any way to actually go after the bank?? Is
        >there anywhere to complain?
        >
        >Chad

        >Did you know each week we feature a ONElist story?
        >http://www.onelist.com
        >How has ONElist changed your life? Please share your story.

      • Matt Imle
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 1999
          I removed myself by complaining to chexsystems and spendinf 4 1/2 weeks
          with the bank. Persistance and patience. I also filed a complaint
          with the BBB and I suggest that everyone does that. SOB's
          Matt

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 1999
            Well let me tell you about my experiences with chexsystems .
            The first involved Wellsfargo bank .
            They too did a human / computer error to me. I had closed an account
            only to fid that 6 months later I supposedly owed 950+ dollars on it .
            All of which was comprised of bank fees . Of course I pointed out their
            error and showed them on their statement the date that the account had
            been closed . This did not help . They even threatened to file a lawsuit
            to get the money . After hours on the telephone and 8 months of
            uncertainty their investigator finally released me from their mistake
            and chexsystems . The second was with Bank of the West in California .
            This was for my business . ( A sole proprietorship business can / will
            count against you . ) That bank said " We don't like the way your
            account has been handled " and closed it. And yes put it on chexsystems
            . All with no good cause or warning . The fix here was simpler. I called
            the branch manager to try to " resolve this matter ". She was very
            uncooperative and told me " I WILL NOT take you off of chexsystems " So
            I went over her head and contacted the C.E.O. of the bank . After 2 days
            I got a call from the branch stating that they had faxed a memo to
            chexsytems to remove me from their files . This was all very time
            consuming . When approaching a bank , use good judgement , and be
            patient . If that doesn't help remind them that both they and
            chexsystems are in violation of your civil rights by not allowing for a
            correction of a mistake . It is my hope that both the banks and
            chexsystems invent a way for people to clear their good names for
            whatever reason they got there . Also if I ever hear of a real class
            action lawsuit involving banks and chexsystems , I want to be a part of
            it . I hope this helps Doug
          • Robert Darwin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 1999
              Thanks, I'll do that. They will not even return my phone calls, very
              unproffessional. The worst part is its there fault, they actually screwed
              up and now they will not own up to it. Plus its a smal town bank with a
              bunch of rednecks who did not even go to college running it! Oh well.

              >From: Matt Imle <shiva014@...>
              >To: chexsys@onelist.com
              >Subject: Re: [chexsys] Nightmare....
              >Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:48:12 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >From: Matt Imle <shiva014@...>
              >
              >I removed myself by complaining to chexsystems and spendinf 4 1/2 weeks
              >with the bank. Persistance and patience. I also filed a complaint
              >with the BBB and I suggest that everyone does that. SOB's
              >Matt
              >
              >--- Robert Darwin <chaddydaddy55@...> wrote:
              > > From: Robert Darwin <chaddydaddy55@...>
              > >

              > > >From: Robert Darwin <chaddydaddy55@...>
              > > >To: chexsys@onelist.com
              > > >Subject: [chexsys] Nightmare....
              > > >Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:29:40 EDT
              > > >
              > > >From: Robert Darwin <chaddydaddy55@...>
              > > >
              > > >I am having the biggest nightmare but I don't
              > > really blame ChexSystems, the
              > > >bank is the one who actually messed me up with a
              > > compuer/human error 4
              > > >years
              > > >ago and now I have moved across the country and
              > > cannot open a bank
              > > >account!!
              > > > I am really in hell--is there any way to actually
              > > go after the bank?? Is
              > > >there anywhere to complain?
              > > >
              > > >Chad
              > > >

              > > >_______________________________________________________________
              > > >Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit
              > > http://www.msn.com

              > > >Did you know each week we feature a ONElist story?
              > > >http://www.onelist.com
              > > >How has ONElist changed your life? Please share
              > > your story.

              > > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit
              > > http://www.msn.com

              >"Congratulations to 'Voice-Diary,' our latest ONElist of the Week.
              >http://www.onelist.com
              >Visit our homepage and share with us how ONElist is changing YOUR life!

            • Robert Darwin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 1999
                Yes, I have tried to remain calm, but its hard. They will not even return
                my phone calls! My problem was back in 1995 when I closed my account with
                the Bank of Inverness in Florida. I then moved away to go to college. Then
                about 2 months later they mailed me a statement saying that money had been
                withdrawled weeks after I had closed the account. How is this possible, I
                asked. They tried and tried to accuse me of doing something wrong but I had
                discarded all of my old bank material when I closed the account. I just
                could not understand how money could be taken out of a closed account??
                Well, a few weeks later they sent me a letter apologizing and saying that
                everything was settled. God, I wish I would have kept that letter because
                thos SOB's still put me on ChexSystems!! They never sent me a letter or
                anything--I just found out I was on it last week when I moved to a new
                city!! Now the bank will not even call me back!! But its us against them
                and they do have more power but I am writing many letters and hopefully
                something will come of it. If nothing else, a bad name for the bank.