Re: CHEX SYSTEMS

  • AStroughte@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 1999
      Has anyone out there found an organization or an attorney that is willing to
      at least listen to our complaints against Chex Systems. If there is please
      e-mail at astroughte@.... I am the one who holds the list of all
      potential clients regarding the Class Action Suit against Chex Systems. I am
      having trouble finding an attorney, they refuse to return my calls.
    • Sajappel@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 2, 1999
        Hi, Astrought.

        I've been very busy these last few weeks with work and haven't focused on
        this at all, but I would first search the Internet for "class action suits"
        and "how to"... would you mind doing this? Perhaps there is someone out
        there worth investigating.

        What happened to DEhrlich at ACLU?

        All the best,
        Sajappel (Ellen Appelbaum)
      • AStroughte@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 3, 1999
          To: Everyone that has been complaining about Chex Systems

          log on to www.classaction.com and state your case!

          Also email the Center for Public Justice

          The Director is Dr. James W. Skillen
          jim@...
        • DCHURCH123@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 3, 1999
            Hey everyone. Just wanted to add another endorsement of sfnb. I have two
            accounts listed with Chex and a bankruptsy and they opened a checking account
            for me! There is life after Chex...thank God!!!
          • Slade Simon
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 3, 1999
              Now if we could just get SFNB (and others) to offer non-Deluxe checks. I
              wrote them a message yesterday. No response yet. I went ahead and suggested
              the ones "Tiger" had mentioned - John Harland (www.harland.net) There is
              software that lets you print your own checks too - VersaCheck I think.
              Because of the ink properties, I don't want to use this with my ink jet.
              Personally, I'd only recommend it with a laser printer because most ink jet
              printers don't have ink that handles water very well. Some are better than
              others, but I haven't seen any where water doesn't cause the ink to run at
              all.

            • SCOT4BECCA@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 4, 1999
                How long since your bankruptcy?

                Rebecca
              • SCOT4BECCA@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 4, 1999
                  I have used Versachecks on my inkjet and it works fine.
                • Slade Simon
                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 4, 1999
                    I know it works. My concern is how stable the ink is since it can be easy to
                    smear some ink jet printouts with just a little moisture. The quality of the
                    ink varies so some people may have no trouble. Just the risk of it makes me
                    a little wary. I'd prefer to use laser for something like that since laser
                    printouts don't have that problem if moisture accidentally gets on it. I
                    might seem paranoid, but this is just a preference for me.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 5, 1999
                      Additionally, there is the risk of crime with your versachecks. I lived in
                      Charleston, SC for a while and heard about a new crime in which people would
                      remove the ink from acheck (the ink that you wrote onto the check) and
                      replace it with what they wanted and spend it elsewhere.I'm certain if they
                      can remove pen ink that they can remove ink jet ink as well. Just a
                      thought.

                      Sincerely,

                      Tobin Titus, MCSD
                      Metro Information Services