RE: Anybody?

  • T. Titus
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 1999
      I'm not going to sit here and argue with you forever on this. I've got more
      important
      things to do. I can see that you are the type that no matter how wrong you
      are, you
      will still keep opening your yap. I will say however, that you can be held
      responsible
      for giving a LEGAL threat if you word anything adverse. Yes I should have
      been a bit
      more clear. If you tell someone that you are going to do something adverse
      to them
      or their business -- no matter how legal that action may be -- if they do
      not do what
      you ask, you are giving a legal threat. This is illegal because you are
      giving the
      "victim" no "acceptable" alternatives. You are telling your victim that
      he/she either does
      what you want (which is usually not what he/she wants) or you will do
      something else
      that he/she doesn't want to happen. For isntance, most people do not know
      that it
      can be illegal to say "If your company doesn't <blank> I'll sue you!".
      You may certainly ask that they do <blank> and you may certainly sue them,
      but you
      cannot/should not state your ill intentions toward the company in response
      to their
      actions.

      I wont say anything more and I wont reply to any more messages on this
      topic. For
      GOOD legal advice please seek the council of an attorney. I am not
      educationally
      qualified in any way to give legal advice. But, contrary to the statement
      before hand,
      I AM legally allowed to state information based on provable experience (it's
      called a
      fact and anyone is allowed to state facts AND opinions -- as long as they
      are not
      mixed together).

      Good luck to all of you with chex systems.

      Sincerely,

      Tobin Titus, MCP
      Metro Information Services
      Consultant
      em: ttitus@...
      AIMCO
      Intranet Development
      em: tobin.titus@...

      Main Entry: 1threat
      Pronunciation: 'thret
      Function: noun
      Etymology: Middle English thret coercion, threat, from Old English thrEat
      coercion; akin to Middle High German drOz annoyance, Latin trudere to push,
      thrust
      Date: before 12th century
      1 : an expression of intention to inflict evil, injury, or damage
      2 : one that threatens
      3 : an indication of something impending <the sky held a threat of rain>
    • Ronald J. Bowden
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 2, 1999
        It is not illegal to advise someone that you are planning legal action if
        they do not remedy the situation in the manner that you feel is warranted.

        Ronald J. Bowden
        Gateway Education Center
        ron@...