Digest Number 363

  • candijefferson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 7:20 AM
      STATE FARM BANK and BANK OF INTERNET both use Chexsystems as of this
      date. I guess you must have gotten in when the gettin' was good, but
      it is no more.

      For those of you who may be financially able to invest $1000-$2000
      for an opening deposit, I've found that Merrill Lynch Bank and TD
      Waterhouse bank have EXCELLENT investment accounts which are
      complimented by an ATM/Visa or Mastercard Check Card AND has check
      writing priviledges.

      --- In chexsys@y..., norbots@h... wrote:
      On a lighter note.....I recently went to Netbank and they opened not
      ONE but THREE checking accounts for me, a joint for my husband and I,
      an acct for me, and an acct for my husband....there is hope out there
      because both of us are blacklisted on Chexsystems and we both have
      HORRIBLE credit.

      Also, I wanted to mention that I went to www.bankrate.com and they
      gave me a list of about 100 banks that I could apply at and I applied
      at State Farm Bank ($10 to open no minimum and free starter checks)
      and at Bank of Internet($50 minimum to open, not minimum and free
      checks as well). I was approved for those as well.

      They have savings and checking and what not......and you can pretty
      much be guaranteed that you'll get approved at quite a few of them.

      Just thought I'd let you know

      Sara
    • Ed Power
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 8:49 AM
        TD Waterhouse Bank uses Chex. I do not know about Merrill Lynch.

        Ed Power / Computer Headaches
        Tel: 718-798-4103 Fax: 718-515-7096
        Email: epower@...
        Web: http://www.ComputerHeadaches.com
        Parts for the old clunker, or that new PIV machine!

        On Tuesday 02 July 2002 10:20 am, you wrote:
        > STATE FARM BANK and BANK OF INTERNET both use Chexsystems as of this
        > date. I guess you must have gotten in when the gettin' was good, but
        > it is no more.
        >
        > For those of you who may be financially able to invest $1000-$2000
        > for an opening deposit, I've found that Merrill Lynch Bank and TD
        > Waterhouse bank have EXCELLENT investment accounts which are
        > complimented by an ATM/Visa or Mastercard Check Card AND has check
        > writing priviledges.
        >
        > --- In chexsys@y..., norbots@h... wrote:
        > On a lighter note.....I recently went to Netbank and they opened not
        > ONE but THREE checking accounts for me, a joint for my husband and I,
        > an acct for me, and an acct for my husband....there is hope out there
        > because both of us are blacklisted on Chexsystems and we both have
        > HORRIBLE credit.
        >
        > Also, I wanted to mention that I went to www.bankrate.com and they
        > gave me a list of about 100 banks that I could apply at and I applied
        > at State Farm Bank ($10 to open no minimum and free starter checks)
        > and at Bank of Internet($50 minimum to open, not minimum and free
        > checks as well). I was approved for those as well.
        >
        > They have savings and checking and what not......and you can pretty
        > much be guaranteed that you'll get approved at quite a few of them.
        >
        > Just thought I'd let you know
        >
        > Sara

      • LaTesha Wherry