Re: [chexsys] An error my bank made

  • tgr hrt
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2001
      I called them and they do:(

      Ryan.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2001
        They use chexsystems:(

        Ryan.

        >From: Ed Power <epower@...>
        >To: "'chexsys@yahoogroups.com'" <chexsys@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: RE: [chexsys] An error my bank made
        >Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:47:49 -0500 (EST)
        >
        >You can call them at 800-273-3210 or 607-273-3210 and they can mail you an
        >application.
        >
        >However, they did turn me down for an ATM/Debit card. I am not sure if
        >they service customers outside of NY state. You will need to ask them.
        >
        >Ed Power / Computer Headaches Web: www.ComputerHeadaches.com
        >Phone: 718-798-4103 Fax: 877-243-9324 Email:
        >epower@...
        >Parts for that old clunker or the new machine
        >
        >On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, STEWART,KENDRA (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
        >
        > > Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:36:34 -0700
        > > From: "STEWART,KENDRA (HP-USA,ex1)" <kendra_stewart@...>
        > > To: "'chexsys@yahoogroups.com'" <chexsys@yahoogroups.com>
        > > Subject: RE: [chexsys] An error my bank made
        > >
        > > Can you open an account with this bank via the internet? I don't see an
        > > application on their website.
        > >

        > > K. Stewart

      • ChexSystems Bites
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 22, 2001
          Our stock answer on something happening that long ago
          is:
          1.) Get a copy of your report.
          http://www.chexhelp.com

          2.) File a written dispute to ChexSystems, claiming
          "I don't remember having any problems with account xxx
          at xxxx Bank".

          3.) They will be forced to verify the information with
          xxxx Bank. Chances are it was so long ago, and filed
          so deeply that they will not be able to verify the
          incident and it will be dropped. If they do verify
          it, at least then you will then have a name and number
          who to contact to get the exact details (check
          numbers, dates, etc.)

          Best of luck to you.

          =====
          - ChexSystems Bites!