Try not to over think this.Check the gasket on the radiator cap for cracks and pits. They will cause a loss of pressure and reduce the temperature that thedennis_b_1982
I agree. If something fails at 14-16 psi you have a real problem. This isn't a lot of pressure. Think of it this way if you filled you bike tires up with 15montana_84x11
When the cooling system was new, it was designed to operate at 14 - 16 lbs. If the system has a leak in it,you'll never obtain that pressure with a pressurecitationdwayne
-Troubleshoot Mechanical Issues
-Meet Fellow Citation & X-11 Owners
-ALL 1980-85 GM X-car owners welcome! Skylark, Omega, Phoenix, join in!
Check-out our newly updated Photos section!
Don't forget to check back for updates!
- Oct 7, 1999
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.