Have you tried to start the car with the 4 pin connector to the distributor disconnected? If it starts and runs the problem is not exhaust related.Unpluggingdennis_b_1982
Brandon below is something that may help with determining if your problem is a clogged exhaust. Takes a hell of a restriction to keep the engine from runningmontana_84x11
It seems that 4.5 years ago, I installed: WALKER 18183 Muffler $32.79 Now it has a hole in the side of it. The metal also feels brittle and flakey, likevanevery0
-Troubleshoot Mechanical Issues
-Meet Fellow Citation & X-11 Owners
-ALL 1980-85 GM X-car owners welcome! Skylark, Omega, Phoenix, join in!
Check-out our newly updated Photos section!
Don't forget to check back for updates!
- Oct 7, 1999
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.