WHITE RIBBON CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE

  • fly_high_01862
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2003
      Osiyo,

      My name is James L. Rushing River. I am the Minister for the First
      Grove of Universal Life of Salem, MA, and a hippie libertarian for
      peace. Today, we are faced with war. Today, we face the fact that our
      brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and other family and
      friends will be sent to Iraq to die in the name of George W. Bush,
      and his father's 'unfinished war'.

      To show you NON-SUPPORT for the War in Iraq, I ask that you wear a
      WHITE RIBBON. Tie a WHITE RIBBON on your car antenna, tie a WHITE
      RIBBON on a tree in your front yard. I have ribbons for your taking
      to wear if you call me at my residence, 978-667-5701, i will give as
      many as you can give out, free of charge.

      WHITE is the color and symbol of PURITY and PEACE. I ask that you
      forward this message to all of the people in your address book.
      Please wear a WHITE RIBBON today, I am.

      Wado, In Peace,
      Rev. James Lothlorien Rushing River, ULC
      First Grove of Universal Life, Salem, MA
      978-667-5701
    • Jan <wingsrmine@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2003
        Sir, while the ribbon idea is a lovely one, there is misinformation
        in your message concerning WHY our loved ones may die in a war with
        Iraq.
        My son, a soldier and warrior in the United States Army, 10th
        Mountain Division, will soon be in Iraq. He is unquestioningly
        willing to fight and die there because of what he has already
        witnessed in Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Afghanistan. He is equally
        willing to die for George W. Bush and YOU as he is for me. He is
        fighting to protect his fellow countrymen, not to continue
        an 'unfinished war.'

        --- In cherokeepride@yahoogroups.com, fly_high_01862 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Osiyo,
        >
        > My name is James L. Rushing River. I am the Minister for the First
        > Grove of Universal Life of Salem, MA, and a hippie libertarian for
        > peace. Today, we are faced with war. Today, we face the fact that
        our
        > brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and other family and
        > friends will be sent to Iraq to die in the name of George W. Bush,
        > and his father's 'unfinished war'.
        >
        > To show you NON-SUPPORT for the War in Iraq, I ask that you wear a
        > WHITE RIBBON. Tie a WHITE RIBBON on your car antenna, tie a WHITE
        > RIBBON on a tree in your front yard. I have ribbons for your taking
        > to wear if you call me at my residence, 978-667-5701, i will give
        as
        > many as you can give out, free of charge.
        >
        > WHITE is the color and symbol of PURITY and PEACE. I ask that you
        > forward this message to all of the people in your address book.
        > Please wear a WHITE RIBBON today, I am.
        >
        > Wado, In Peace,
        > Rev. James Lothlorien Rushing River, ULC
        > First Grove of Universal Life, Salem, MA
        > 978-667-5701
      • bobvann
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2003
          Siyo Jim
          Although you are entitled to your oppinion. I must let you know that
          we do not share the same feelings. You are misguided and most likely
          never dedicated much of your time assisting in maintaining the
          freedom that American enjoys. I encountered many such people with
          attitudes such as yours during the Korean and Viet Nam eara. I do
          not
          know how old you are or who you give thanks to for the freedom that
          you presently enjoy, But in the event that you have a problem with
          our service men sacrificing their lives to guarantee that we continue
          to be a free society, may I suggest that you and Jane Fonda pack your
          bags and see if you can find a better place to live.

          You have the same rights as the rest of us to voice your opinion. You
          have done so. You must remember that there are many who would join
          those men and woman in a heart beat if we were still young enough to
          do so.

          This is not a Bush war. There has been devistating attacks on
          American and it can no longer be tolerated if we are to continue to
          stay a free society. We must do as we have always done, fight to keep
          us that way.

          Robbons on antennas? A better suggestion would be the yellow ones to
          show our support that our service men and woman will return home safe
          and victorious.

          Have a great trip and I hope you can find another place where you and
          Jane will be happy. Oh yes and God Bless America.
          Donadagohvi
          Asvnoyi

          wrote:
          > Osiyo,
          >
          > My name is James L. Rushing River. I am the Minister for the First
          > Grove of Universal Life of Salem, MA, and a hippie libertarian for
          > peace. Today, we are faced with war. Today, we face the fact that
          our
          > brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, and other family and
          > friends will be sent to Iraq to die in the name of George W. Bush,
          > and his father's 'unfinished war'.
          >
          > To show you NON-SUPPORT for the War in Iraq, I ask that you wear a
          > WHITE RIBBON. Tie a WHITE RIBBON on your car antenna, tie a WHITE
          > RIBBON on a tree in your front yard. I have ribbons for your taking
          > to wear if you call me at my residence, 978-667-5701, i will give
          as
          > many as you can give out, free of charge.
          >
          > WHITE is the color and symbol of PURITY and PEACE. I ask that you
          > forward this message to all of the people in your address book.
          > Please wear a WHITE RIBBON today, I am.
          >
          > Wado, In Peace,
          > Rev. James Lothlorien Rushing River, ULC
          > First Grove of Universal Life, Salem, MA
          > 978-667-5701
        • quuqui_vann_britton
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2003
            Although non of us like to see war, what would have happened if the
            planes that ran into the WTC had biological, germ warfair on them? I
            live in NY State do you know if someone had come on that plane with a
            "brief case nuke" it would have taken 12 minutes to reach upstate NY
            where I live? Killing my family and many others. Do you think for
            one minute that Iraq wouldn't use these things to distroy not only
            his people (which he has done) but ours. I have very close friends
            and family who were in the first "gulf war" you have no idea what we
            are playing with this man has many things hidden underground I know
            this first hand from my brothers and sisters who served in the Gulf
            War. If someone or some country does not do something about it soon
            we will all be paying a very high price. Yes, let us find peace, but
            the sick individual running Iraq is not well. He would nuke his own
            family, you tell me if this is good? Iraq must find another leader
            who is committed to world peace! This man is the ANTI Christ, read
            the end of the bible Minister Rushing River, we are in the stages of
            the "Revelation" it's unfortunate, war is riddled in the pages of the
            bible. But Evil cannot prevail over the goodness of mankind and
            those
            who believe in the Creator!

            Quuqui