Mary Polly Unknown Cherokee who married Richard Duncan

  • Donna Ridley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2007
      1830 Census Franklin Missouri earliest record for Mary Polly b. ?
      Tennessee, Richard Duncan b. 1787 Tennessee or North Carolina d. 1852
      Jefferson Missouri, children: Martin A Duncan b. 10 Jan 1819 Boles
      Pacific Franklin Missouri, Elijah Duncan 1812-1813 Smith Tennessee,
      Elizabeth Duncan, b. 1814 Smith Tennessee, Unknown Duncan b. 1815-1820
      Tennessee, John Duncan 1818, Smith Co Tennessee,
      Wiliam Duncan b. 26 Aug 1823, St Charles Co Missouri,
      Thomas Houston Duncan, 21 Dec 1829, Kentucky, Sarah Duncan b. 1830
      Franklin Co Missouri, Mary Edmondson Duncan b. 1830 Franklin County
      Missouri, Johnathan N Duncan b. 1832, Franklin Co Missouri and
      Martin A Duncan, 10 Jan 1819, Boles Pacific Franklin Missouri,
      d.Feb 1884 Pacific Franklin Missouri, light complextion, black hair,
      gray eyes, Burial Ft Lenordwood Missouri. If anyone wants to know
      about this family, they're related to my son, and I need more indian
      info about Mary Polly, very little is known.
      Donna donnastreeks@...
    • Mark Nelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2007
        I have a question about Mary Polly. My gggg grandmother was Cherokee? and
        her name was also Mary Polly Grey. She was born in Va abt. 1811 married John
        Tucker 1825 in Wilkes Co., NC. They had 3 children: Sarah Jane Tucker,
        Margaret Tucker, and John George Washington Tucker. She Then married my gggg
        grandfather Bazabel Burch in 1842 in Claiborne Co., TN.. Mary Died in 1850
        from child birth. They live on Walden Ridge, Claiborne Co., TN. Bazabels
        mother Mourning Mary Harris born 1770, we also think she was 1/2 Native
        American from Va.. Her husband William Henry Burch Jr. was also 1/2 Native
        American born 1764 Haw River, Surry Co., NC..My question is when the Native
        Americans take white names how do you track them down and learn what their
        native name was? I posted a picture in the photo section "Walks with
        Spirits" of Williams first cousin Martha Lawrence. William mother was Many
        Ann Lawrence, Martha is her brothers daughter.

        Mark Nelson
        > 1830 Census Franklin Missouri earliest record for Mary Polly b. ?
        > Tennessee, Richard Duncan b. 1787 Tennessee or North Carolina d. 1852
        > Jefferson Missouri, children: Martin A Duncan b. 10 Jan 1819 Boles
        > Pacific Franklin Missouri, Elijah Duncan 1812-1813 Smith Tennessee,
        > Elizabeth Duncan, b. 1814 Smith Tennessee, Unknown Duncan b. 1815-1820
        > Tennessee, John Duncan 1818, Smith Co Tennessee,
        > Wiliam Duncan b. 26 Aug 1823, St Charles Co Missouri,
        > Thomas Houston Duncan, 21 Dec 1829, Kentucky, Sarah Duncan b. 1830
        > Franklin Co Missouri, Mary Edmondson Duncan b. 1830 Franklin County
        > Missouri, Johnathan N Duncan b. 1832, Franklin Co Missouri and
        > Martin A Duncan, 10 Jan 1819, Boles Pacific Franklin Missouri,
        > d.Feb 1884 Pacific Franklin Missouri, light complextion, black hair,
        > gray eyes, Burial Ft Lenordwood Missouri. If anyone wants to know
        > about this family, they're related to my son, and I need more indian
        > info about Mary Polly, very little is known.
        > Donna donnastreeks@...

        > http://cherokeetrails.net
        >
        > Cherokee Trails Gallery and Gift Shop
        > http://cherokeetrails.com
        >
        > http://www.familytreedna.com/public/American Indian
        >

        > * To send a message to the members of this group, send an email to:
        > cherokeendn@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > * To leave the group, you can unsubscribe by sending an email to:

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Donna Ridley

          > 1830 Census Franklin Missouri earliest record for Mary Polly b. ?
          > Tennessee, Richard Duncan b. 1787 Tennessee or North Carolina d. 1852
          > Jefferson Missouri, children: Martin A Duncan b. 10 Jan 1819 Boles
          > Pacific Franklin Missouri, Elijah Duncan 1812-1813 Smith Tennessee,
          > Elizabeth Duncan, b. 1814 Smith Tennessee, Unknown Duncan b. 1815-1820
          > Tennessee, John Duncan 1818, Smith Co Tennessee,
          > Wiliam Duncan b. 26 Aug 1823, St Charles Co Missouri,
          > Thomas Houston Duncan, 21 Dec 1829, Kentucky, Sarah Duncan b. 1830
          > Franklin Co Missouri, Mary Edmondson Duncan b. 1830 Franklin County
          > Missouri, Johnathan N Duncan b. 1832, Franklin Co Missouri and
          > Martin A Duncan, 10 Jan 1819, Boles Pacific Franklin Missouri,
          > d.Feb 1884 Pacific Franklin Missouri, light complextion, black hair,
          > gray eyes, Burial Ft Lenordwood Missouri. If anyone wants to know
          > about this family, they're related to my son, and I need more indian
          > info about Mary Polly, very little is known.
          > Donna donnastreeks@...<mailto:donnastreeks%40msn.com>

          > http://cherokeetrails.net<http://cherokeetrails.net/>
          >
          > Cherokee Trails Gallery and Gift Shop
          > http://cherokeetrails.com<http://cherokeetrails.com/>
          >
          > http://www.familytreedna.com/public/American<http://www.familytreedna.com/public/American> Indian
          >

          > * To send a message to the members of this group, send an email to:
          > cherokeendn@yahoogroups.com<mailto:cherokeendn%40yahoogroups.com>
          >
          > * To leave the group, you can unsubscribe by sending an email to:

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Donna Ridley
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2007
            --- In cherokeendn@yahoogroups.com, "Donna Ridley" <donnastreeks@...>