[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Automatic compilation?

  • Magnus Lie Hetland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2002
      IIRC the manual mentions some servlet which makes cheetah function
      like psp etc... The manual I have is for release 0.9.9, and it says
      that this functionality will be included in 0.9.9... But I can't find
      it; not even in CVS. Am I missing something obvious?

      - Magnus (who really wants to use Cheetah as an interpreted server
      page solution...)

      --
      Magnus Lie Hetland The Anygui Project
      http://hetland.org http://anygui.org

    • Ian Bicking
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2002
        On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 14:28, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
        > IIRC the manual mentions some servlet which makes cheetah function
        > like psp etc... The manual I have is for release 0.9.9, and it says
        > that this functionality will be included in 0.9.9... But I can't find
        > it; not even in CVS. Am I missing something obvious?
        >
        > - Magnus (who really wants to use Cheetah as an interpreted server
        > page solution...)

        Well, the PSP portion is, I think, kind of a because-we-can feature
        (it's not a hard things to support, though). But it doesn't really fit
        with the ideal of Cheetah. However, there's a lot of things you can do
        in Cheetah without needing the full Python of PSP. Especially if you
        factor lots of your logic into a common module... well, even then it
        won't work for most sites. Keeping the data in two files is something
        of an annoyance... maybe even better than a PSP deal would be a Python
        method deal...hmm... like:

        #pymethod whatever(self, a, b, c):
        straight python code, indents and all...
        #end pymethod

        Then you could still keep your logic and presentation seperate, but for
        convenience in the same file. Hmm....

        Ian