[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] minor bug: __init__.py files written when input is 'file'

  • Michael Halle
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2001
      Hello,

      I'm happily using the CVS version of Cheetah to process my site
      templates. I have precompiled templates that are extended by
      user-written files that define block contents. Works great,
      especially with the new #def xxx: syntax.

      I have my own python script that instantiates a template at runtime
      using the "file" argument: no python code gets written out for the
      user files. However, Cheetah writes out __init__.py files in my
      current directory anyway. They're extraneous in this case, right?

      Thanks.

      --Mike Halle

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2001
        On Friday 21 December 2001 09:34, Michael Halle wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm happily using the CVS version of Cheetah to process my site
        > templates. I have precompiled templates that are extended by
        > user-written files that define block contents. Works great,
        > especially with the new #def xxx: syntax.
        >
        > I have my own python script that instantiates a template at runtime
        > using the "file" argument: no python code gets written out for the
        > user files. However, Cheetah writes out __init__.py files in my
        > current directory anyway. They're extraneous in this case, right?
        >
        > Thanks.

        Cheetah does, or WebKit does? WebKit creates a __init__.py file when
        you serve servlet files from a directory that doesn't have one, to
        make sure that import statements inside that servlet work correctly.
        Without it, WebKit could have to manipulate sys.path and risk
        screwing things up. Cheetah does the same thing with all imports
        that it manages.