[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Upgrading from 0.9 to 2.4.4 and getting errors (natch)

  • Aaron Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013
      I have been tasked with upgrading my company's ancient installation of Cheetah.

      My templates are compiling, but I'm getting a number of strange errors and I can't find the root cause.  I'm trying to figure out a systematic way to upgrade the templates, but so far information is scarce.

      Below is an example:

      #set formUtil = $iLib.aquariumFactory("widget.FormUtil",
          defaults=[{"username": $session.get("username")}, $form])

      This produces the following error:

      NotFound: cannot find 'get' while searching for 'get'

      If I refactor like so:

      #set username = $session.get("username")
      #set formUtil = $iLib.aquariumFactory("widget.FormUtil",
          defaults=[{"username": $username}, $form])

      I get no errors. I get similar errors in other places ("Cannot find X while searching for X"), but I'm not clear what changed in Cheetah so that I can address it in a consistent way.