Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Displaying 50 records per page using Cheetah

  • Redhorse, Olivia J. (WSTF-RD)[Jacobs Tech
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2013

      I have been playing with dataTables and I have a question.  I was not sure if dataTables was going to work inside a *.tmpl file (cheetah file).  When I test plain html (not using cheetah), datatables works fine.  But when I try to use dataTables in a *.tmpl (a cheetah file) I get an error message, invalid character (in the browser), on the following code.

      <script type="text/javascript">

      window.onload = (function() { $('#table_id').dataTable();} );

      </script>

      It is having a problem resolving the dollar sign ($) in the code.  I know it is related to the fact that in a cheetah file, the dollar sign means a variable is declared.  How do I resolve this?  Or am I understanding this incorrectly?

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27, 2013
        On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Redhorse, Olivia J. (WSTF-RD)[Jacobs Technology Inc] wrote:
        > I have been playing with dataTables and I have a question.  I was
        > not sure if dataTables was going to work inside a *.tmpl file
        > (cheetah file).  When I test plain html (not using cheetah),
        > datatables works fine.  But when I try to use dataTables in a
        > *.tmpl (a cheetah file) I get an error message, invalid character
        > (in the browser), on the following code.
        >
        > <script type="text/javascript">
        > window.onload = (function() { $('#table_id').dataTable();} );
        > </script>

        > It is having a problem resolving the dollar sign ($) in the code.  I know it is related to the fact that in a cheetah file, the dollar sign means a
        > variable is declared.  How do I resolve this?  Or am I understanding this incorrectly?

        Cheetah has a directive called '#raw' that can hold stuff that does
        not get parsed. Try that with your template.

        Tuju

        --
        Säästämisen ja ahkeroinnin tilalle syntyi varsinkin 1960-luvulta lähtien oman
        onnellisuuden ympärillä pyörivä, vastuuton ajattelutapa, joka korostaa oikeuksia