Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Displaying 50 records per page using Cheetah

  • Daniel Winter
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2013
      That means you want to display data in a table with pagination?

      Something like: http://www.datatables.net/ ?

      That's a jQuery Plugin that can transform your html table. It also allows you to add filter and pagination options..
      gruß,
      daniel

      On 25 Apr, 2013,at 11:39 PM, "Redhorse, Olivia J. (WSTF-RD)[Jacobs Technology Inc]" <olivia.j.redhorse@...> wrote:

      Hello All,
      I am fairly new to using Cheetah and Python.  I am planning to create a page that displays 50 records per page based on a search criteria.  The user would be provided the option to go to the next or previous 50 records on the page.  This is a new area for me.  How can create a page like this?  Any suggestions or other resources would be very helpful.  I appreciate your input. -Olivia

    • Redhorse, Olivia J. (WSTF-RD)[Jacobs Tech
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2013

        Yes, this looks like something I can use.  I am going to try it. Thanks J

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2013

          I have been playing with dataTables and I have a question.  I was not sure if dataTables was going to work inside a *.tmpl file (cheetah file).  When I test plain html (not using cheetah), datatables works fine.  But when I try to use dataTables in a *.tmpl (a cheetah file) I get an error message, invalid character (in the browser), on the following code.

          <script type="text/javascript">

          window.onload = (function() { $('#table_id').dataTable();} );

          </script>

          It is having a problem resolving the dollar sign ($) in the code.  I know it is related to the fact that in a cheetah file, the dollar sign means a variable is declared.  How do I resolve this?  Or am I understanding this incorrectly?

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27, 2013
            On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Redhorse, Olivia J. (WSTF-RD)[Jacobs Technology Inc] wrote:
            > I have been playing with dataTables and I have a question.  I was
            > not sure if dataTables was going to work inside a *.tmpl file
            > (cheetah file).  When I test plain html (not using cheetah),
            > datatables works fine.  But when I try to use dataTables in a
            > *.tmpl (a cheetah file) I get an error message, invalid character
            > (in the browser), on the following code.
            >
            > <script type="text/javascript">
            > window.onload = (function() { $('#table_id').dataTable();} );
            > </script>

            > It is having a problem resolving the dollar sign ($) in the code.  I know it is related to the fact that in a cheetah file, the dollar sign means a
            > variable is declared.  How do I resolve this?  Or am I understanding this incorrectly?

            Cheetah has a directive called '#raw' that can hold stuff that does
            not get parsed. Try that with your template.

            Tuju

            --
            Säästämisen ja ahkeroinnin tilalle syntyi varsinkin 1960-luvulta lähtien oman
            onnellisuuden ympärillä pyörivä, vastuuton ajattelutapa, joka korostaa oikeuksia