[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Displaying 50 records per page using Cheetah

  • Redhorse, Olivia J. (WSTF-RD)[Jacobs Tech
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25 2:39 PM
      Hello All,
      I am fairly new to using Cheetah and Python.  I am planning to create a page that displays 50 records per page based on a search criteria.  The user would be provided the option to go to the next or previous 50 records on the page.  This is a new area for me.  How can create a page like this?  Any suggestions or other resources would be very helpful.  I appreciate your input. -Olivia

    • Daniel Winter
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26 1:31 AM
        That means you want to display data in a table with pagination?

        Something like: http://www.datatables.net/ ?

        That's a jQuery Plugin that can transform your html table. It also allows you to add filter and pagination options..
        gruß,
        daniel

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26 9:11 AM

          Yes, this looks like something I can use.  I am going to try it. Thanks J

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26 11:44 AM

            I have been playing with dataTables and I have a question.  I was not sure if dataTables was going to work inside a *.tmpl file (cheetah file).  When I test plain html (not using cheetah), datatables works fine.  But when I try to use dataTables in a *.tmpl (a cheetah file) I get an error message, invalid character (in the browser), on the following code.

            <script type="text/javascript">

            window.onload = (function() { $('#table_id').dataTable();} );

            </script>

            It is having a problem resolving the dollar sign ($) in the code.  I know it is related to the fact that in a cheetah file, the dollar sign means a variable is declared.  How do I resolve this?  Or am I understanding this incorrectly?

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 27 3:12 AM
              On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Redhorse, Olivia J. (WSTF-RD)[Jacobs Technology Inc] wrote:
              > I have been playing with dataTables and I have a question.  I was
              > not sure if dataTables was going to work inside a *.tmpl file
              > (cheetah file).  When I test plain html (not using cheetah),
              > datatables works fine.  But when I try to use dataTables in a
              > *.tmpl (a cheetah file) I get an error message, invalid character
              > (in the browser), on the following code.
              >
              > <script type="text/javascript">
              > window.onload = (function() { $('#table_id').dataTable();} );
              > </script>

              > It is having a problem resolving the dollar sign ($) in the code.  I know it is related to the fact that in a cheetah file, the dollar sign means a
              > variable is declared.  How do I resolve this?  Or am I understanding this incorrectly?

              Cheetah has a directive called '#raw' that can hold stuff that does
              not get parsed. Try that with your template.

              Tuju

              --
              Säästämisen ja ahkeroinnin tilalle syntyi varsinkin 1960-luvulta lähtien oman
              onnellisuuden ympärillä pyörivä, vastuuton ajattelutapa, joka korostaa oikeuksia