[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] cheetah failure

  • David Webb
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8 5:43 AM
      sorry for the confusion,
      application = cheetah.py or any other files associated with cheetah 2.4.4

      running cheeta tests gave me 47 failures and 238 errors,
      tried compiling a test.tmpl as suggested in the quickstart documentation
      a webware servlet, and webware refused to load and gave error page
      (after talking on the #cheetah channel on irc.freenode.net I found out
      webware is not support any longer).

      cheetah works for me with a "flat file" attempt, but not sure how to
      check on a compiled "file.tmpl" with apache to check that anything else
      is working.
      > On Fri, May 06, 2011, David Webb wrote:
      >> Operations:
      >> Windows 7
      >> Python 2.7
      >> Cheetah 2.4.4
      >>
      >> didn't make any changes to the application, tried running setup.py
      >> install, setup.py config then setup.py, SetupConfig.py. Then
      >> returned to cheetah test and ran it. Oh, did somehow find the
      >> _namemapper.c, which was missing originally during this process.
      > What is "the application"? I'm finding it difficult to understand what
      > the problem context is; your writing style implies that you upgraded
      > from something, but you haven't provided enough information.

    • James Abbatiello
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15 8:51 PM
        The errors from the tests may indicate that you have a path that is "too long" in sys.path.  What does running
        > python -c "import sys; print sys.path"
        print out?

        --
        James Abbatiello

        Message 3 of 3 , May 16 5:11 PM
          On 5/15/2011 10:51 PM, James Abbatiello wrote:
          > The errors from the tests may indicate that you have a path that is
          > "too long" in sys.path. What does running
          > > python -c "import sys; print sys.path"
          > print out?
          >
          > --
          > James Abbatiello
          You're very likely correct in your assessment. I have 38 entries for
          sys.path, 19 of them point to an egg, some of them are directed to
          python27 directory and some to my personal data (again on windows, so
          c:/user/username/appdata/roaming/python/python27/site-packages/blah.blah.egg)

          i'm thinking that some of my easy_installs have messed things up, have
          recently heard that pip is much less likely to mess things up.

          cheetah is directed to c:/python27/lib/site-packages/cheetah-2.4.4-py2.7.egg

          just noticed I have put a forward slash instead of the windows backslash
          (just installed fedora on another box), excuse the poor typing