[Cheetahtemplate-discuss] cheetah test failure

  • David Webb
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2011
      Operations:
      Windows 7
      Python 2.7
      Cheetah 2.4.4

      didn't make any changes to the application, tried running setup.py
      install, setup.py config then setup.py, SetupConfig.py. Then returned to
      cheetah test and ran it. Oh, did somehow find the _namemapper.c, which
      was missing originally during this process.

      failed with 47 failures, 228 errors. (I have attached a faitest.txt file
      with the last 4 or 5 failures, but dos is refusing to send the results
      to file, using cheetah test > cheetahfail.txt just gives a blank file).

      Cheetah manages to work with the very most basic non-compiled templates,
      but when compiling and trying to run under WebWare 1.02 the test.tmpl
      compiles and throws assertion error, won't display. Also attached is the
      html output file for that.

      Any ideas, would be appreciated -- hate to go to mako or jinja
    • Aahz
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2011
        On Fri, May 06, 2011, David Webb wrote:

        > Operations:
        > Windows 7
        > Python 2.7
        > Cheetah 2.4.4
        >
        > didn't make any changes to the application, tried running setup.py
        > install, setup.py config then setup.py, SetupConfig.py. Then
        > returned to cheetah test and ran it. Oh, did somehow find the
        > _namemapper.c, which was missing originally during this process.

        What is "the application"? I'm finding it difficult to understand what
        the problem context is; your writing style implies that you upgraded
        from something, but you haven't provided enough information.
        --
        Aahz (aahz@...) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

        definition, not smart enough to debug it." --Brian W. Kernighan