Re: [Cheetahtemplate-discuss] Installation and testing problems with cheetah 2.4.3

  • James Abbatiello
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2010
      Hello,

      Your attachment didn't make it.  Just guessing by looking at the output that you pasted it feels like markdown isn't installed correctly.  Possibly it is trying to import the command line wrapper instead of the actual module.  What steps did you take to install it?

      --
      James Abbatiello

      On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM, <Daniel.V.Smith@...> wrote:

      Hi there list,

      I’m a total newbie to cheetah and relatively new to python. I have an issue with the testing module in cheetah 2.4.3 after installation as I get

      42 failures  in the testing scripts. The first sign of a problem is :

       “

                http://effbot.org/downloads/#elementtree

      >>> We probably failed to import markdown, bummer cannot import name COMMAND_LINE_LOGGING_LEVEL”

      This results in each of the script tests being unable to import modules (specifically pkg_resources in the failure printout).

      The only change I made to the instructed installation using “setup.py install” was  I installed markdown 2.0.3 in “site packages” manually beforehand .

      This was because the first time I ran setup.py, when checking for “markdown” dependencies, the setup failed. After manual installation,

       the setup ran ok identifying markdown 2.0.3 was installed.

      I also installed elementtree in site packages after the test.

      How can I enable markdown to be imported correctly into cheetah?

      (Full test printout attached)

      Windows XP

      Cheetah 2.4.3

      Python 2.6